• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RE4 Appeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ydennek

What is the name of your state? Texas
Forgive me if this subject has been beat to death, but I really need an answer.

I'm 33 years old, and when I was 18 I was Early Seperated from the Navy with a reenlistment code of RE4. I have been wanting to reenlist for a number of years now, but this code kills it. I want to know if it is possible to have this changed.

In 1991 I went into the Navy under the DEP. When I spoke to my recruiter I told her everything, and I mean everything. I planned on making a career out of the Navy and wanted to go in honestly. She told me "Don't tell them at MEPS" about the fact that I had tried (one time) cocaine about a year and a half before enlisting. I already had a few waivers, so I didn't understand the reason for the deception. So I get to MEPS and I tell them there. They tell me "Don't tell them at boot camp". Of course, when I get to boot camp, the Moment of Truth came up, and I told them the truth. For this I was seperated. I do not feel I did anything wrong, but that does not matter. All that matters to me at this point is can this situation be remedied? All I want to do is join the Army to go and fight, but at the least I would like to clear my name. Somebody please give me some hope if it is to be had. TIA

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? Texas
Forgive me if this subject has been beat to death, but I really need an answer.

I'm 33 years old, and when I was 18 I was Early Seperated from the Navy with a reenlistment code of RE4. I have been wanting to reenlist for a number of years now, but this code kills it. I want to know if it is possible to have this changed.

In 1991 I went into the Navy under the DEP. When I spoke to my recruiter I told her everything, and I mean everything. I planned on making a career out of the Navy and wanted to go in honestly. She told me "Don't tell them at MEPS" about the fact that I had tried (one time) cocaine about a year and a half before enlisting. I already had a few waivers, so I didn't understand the reason for the deception. So I get to MEPS and I tell them there. They tell me "Don't tell them at boot camp". Of course, when I get to boot camp, the Moment of Truth came up, and I told them the truth. For this I was seperated. I do not feel I did anything wrong, but that does not matter. All that matters to me at this point is can this situation be remedied? All I want to do is join the Army to go and fight, but at the least I would like to clear my name. Somebody please give me some hope if it is to be had. TIA
TIA, have you went to a Army Recruiter yet? If not why? If you did what did they have to say; for, if this is the only negative in your earlier time within the Military, and if you been on the straight and narrow path since that time, then, they can waive this. On the other hand, if you have not, then your chances are slim to none.

Also, you can apply for a review of your RE Code through the Navy Department. If you have a close Naval Reserve, then they may be able to assist you; and you can try to go to any locale Veterans Service Orgaization (or at least call them) like the AM. Legion; AMVETS; Viet Nam Veterans of America and request to speak with a Veterans Service Officer and discuss with them what you would like to do; they may be able to help you free of charge!

ydennek

Shorty,
Thank you for the reply. I have gone to the local Army office where I was told that they are not to process RE4's. The guy even showed me the regulation preventing them from processing RE4's.

I ought to be good to go as far as behavior since this happened.

Will make contact with the local VA tomorrow, today being MLK day.

Thank you for your suggestions.

SHORTY LONG

Shorty,
Thank you for the reply. I have gone to the local Army office where I was told that they are not to process RE4's. The guy even showed me the regulation preventing them from processing RE4's.

I ought to be good to go as far as behavior since this happened.

Will make contact with the local VA tomorrow, today being MLK day.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Your very welcome; glad to help. Note, sometimes the Army/Marine Recruiter's can get
a waiver from higher-ups on Re-4's! Please let us know how you fare with your pursuit!

xnavy64

dude. are you high now?

first of all they told you to keep ur mouth shut for a reason!..if u knew u werent supposed to say anything when u got to boot why did you?...and second of all (FOR ALL YOU BOOTERS OUT THERE).. YOU CAN UPGRADE AN OTH OT AN ''RE-4'' RE-ENLISTMENT CODE. Get a copy of ur ''DD-214'' and write a proffesional statement on how stupid u were for using drugs in the military and how sorry u are and all that bull****(a proffesional letter). Go to your town hall(in case you don't know what that is, it's a bulding somewhere in your town that say's ''TOWN HALL'') ask for a local congressman that deals with ''military discharge's'' and mail him/her that statement with a copy of your ''DD-214''. Any question's e-mail me ''[email protected]'' put ''ATT:XNAVY64'' in the subject line.

xnavy64

Attention All Botter Who Think That U Cant Change A Re-4

first of all they told you to keep ur mouth shut for a reason!..if u knew u werent supposed to say anything when u got to boot why did you?...and second of all (FOR ALL YOU BOOTERS OUT THERE).. YOU CAN UPGRADE AN OTH OT AN ''RE-4'' RE-ENLISTMENT CODE. Get a copy of ur ''DD-214'' and write a proffesional statement on how stupid u were for using drugs in the military and how sorry u are and all that bull****(a proffesional letter). Go to your town hall(in case you don't know what that is, it's a bulding somewhere in your town that say's ''TOWN HALL'') ask for a local congressman that deals with ''military discharge's'' and mail him/her that statement with a copy of your ''DD-214''. Any question's e-mail me ''[email protected]'' put ''ATT:XNAVY64'' in the subject line.

SHORTY LONG

xnavy64, FYI: you did a double post; just different subject line, but still the same!
Being a newbie is understandable; for I did this too when I first joined the Forum!

Also, not all Cities that have "Town Hall's" have Congressional Folk. They have what is normally known as "City Council" folk.

Suggestedly, one would look in there telephone directory for "Federal Government," (usually denoted by their "Blue Pages") and their they would most generally find there Congress elective representative!

Moreover, it is no cake walk to get a RE-4 upgraded! Not impossible, but for the average person, it is highly advisable to seek out one who is very experienced in such matters.

Last edited:

ljones13489

trying

I am in the same boat here. I have a re4 on my general discharge. I tried emailing xnavy64. FOr some reason its not going through. If anyone knows a little more about the appeal or over turn of a re4 please get in touch with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">