• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

research chemicals

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

awakening

What is the name of your state?

I'm currently facing charges for possessing and use of 2c-i, 5-meo-mipt, and 2c-e, and attempt to possess 2-ct-2 and 2c-i. None of these chemicals are controlled substances although they could possibly be considered analogues. JAG has put the possession and use charges under ART. 134 and the attempt to possess under ART. 80. All together there are 7 specifications under 134, 2 under 80, and 1 under 83. My ADC lawyer just keeps telling me to plead guilty and take the punishment. After watching his performance yesterday @ a friends court martial i'm scared to death of my case being litigated. I tried to release him as my attorney today and he said it would be to hard and take to long. Can i choose any military lawyer to represent me? Does anyone have an estimate as to what kind of time i might serve? Is there any civilian military lawyers that take payments? There is no way i can come up with all the money to get a lawyer out here(Kadena) in a lump sum.

fozzy2

awakening said:
What is the name of your state?

they could possibly be considered analogues. .
"Could possibly be considered"? You have run afoul of 21 U.S.C.A. sec. 813, which has withstood repeated constitutional attacks (this is how ecstasy dealers/users were convicted prior to the drug being 'scheduled').
You have every right to be concerned, you may be facing substantial prison time. But you've got to ask yourself "Do I have a defense?" Attorneys are not mystical conjurers, if you got caught red handed and there are no procedural snafus "mercy of the court" might be the best advice you are going to get -- regardless of how much you pay.
Having said that, you may be able to get a new military lawyer - but you might like him/her even less, and the court is not going to allow you to just keep trying them on for size. At this point your request for a new lawyer is going to sound like some kind of desperation move (which it may well be). There are civilian attorneys who take payments but I'm not at all familiar with who/how Korea is handled. If they think you are going to be convicted (i.e. destitute) they may well demand money up front.

Bottom line, if you want a new attorney from the military you should be able to come up with some *specific* reasons why you don't want him/her, something more than "they didn't get my buddy off" or "hey, they didn't act like that JAG guy on T.V."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">