• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ribbon on DD-214

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marine

What is the name of your state? TX

Going through my BCNR record and recalled that the Corps stated that my MUC that is LISTED on my DD-214 is not authorized? I double checked the award order and I was in MWSS-271 from 94-96 ( it says Detachment and I supported the Detachment ) and H&HQ Squadron for MCAS Cherry Point (I was FAP'd from H/HS to 271 but both of whom are listed as recipents--so it appears its authorized not once but twice??? Perhaps it was deemed an 'either or' due the 'fap'. I double checked my SRB and its on the offical copy of my DD-214 the Marines maintain as well so there is no way it could be altered.I can recall the Col of Group-27 telling us we got it, and we all wore it??? but for the life of me, thats all I remember. I cant remember anything other than wearing it. I wore it while I was in and up until I got out.

The BCNR did not address the issue. Does that mean it is a matter of my record now?

B

Bad_apple_1983

well

i'd imagine if it is in your record, and if it had something to do with being a Military Award(i'm only familiar w/awards for being STATIONED overseas, not war ribbons, sorry), then yes, it is going to be part of your record...and be glad it's there...a friend of mine switched from Corps to Army last year, and the Corps didn't list his pin/award for being in Oki for 2 years, as well as 1 other, so now the Army will not let him wear either 1 till his wife goes down to CP this weekend to get his FULL service record, and they have to contact ALL the commands he's had since then, as well as the 1's he was with when he recieved them...put it this way, he's been in the Army since May of 05, he came back from Oki in Jan or Feb of 04...he just assumed the awards were there, but they werent...now, as a Jr nco, haha, he's 1 of the least decorated(as he just went to Iraq this year)he's got e-2's and e-3's standing around with more bling than he's got....because he didn't follow up while he was still in....and believe me, his old command at CP HATES his wife, so it ain't like they are willing to even let her talk to anyone, much less pick up paperwork...good luck to ya!!!

T

thepizzaguy

Bad_apple_1983 said:
i'd imagine if it is in your record, and if it had something to do with being a Military Award(i'm only familiar w/awards for being STATIONED overseas, not war ribbons, sorry), then yes, it is going to be part of your record...and be glad it's there...a friend of mine switched from Corps to Army last year, and the Corps didn't list his pin/award for being in Oki for 2 years, as well as 1 other, so now the Army will not let him wear either 1 till his wife goes down to CP this weekend to get his FULL service record, and they have to contact ALL the commands he's had since then, as well as the 1's he was with when he recieved them...put it this way, he's been in the Army since May of 05, he came back from Oki in Jan or Feb of 04...he just assumed the awards were there, but they werent...now, as a Jr nco, haha, he's 1 of the least decorated(as he just went to Iraq this year)he's got e-2's and e-3's standing around with more bling than he's got....because he didn't follow up while he was still in....and believe me, his old command at CP HATES his wife, so it ain't like they are willing to even let her talk to anyone, much less pick up paperwork...good luck to ya!!!

More trailer trash talk :p Yuk it up. Your time is coming real soon.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">