• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self admittance to using a substance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justanother#

Oceanside, Ca

I was told by my XO I was being accused of disobeying a lawful order(using bath salts). I then admitted to my usage of trying it three times and wrote a statement. I was asked I voluntarily to a drug test, let them search my. At and room(nothing found). I EAS November 13 2011 and the results won't be back until after my EAS. My command recommended just an NJP and then I EAS. The company 1st Sgt that my unit falls under is automatically wanting an NJP with OTH and admin separate me. Or if I wanted I can choose a court-martial and then get pretrial confinement. The only evidence they have is my self admittance statement of using bath salts three times. I have signed papers for aknoweledge meant papers of my rights which I have not waived. Tomorrow I go to see the jag to review everything. I understand getting an NJP but to give me hat with an other than honorable and to take away all I worked for seems wrong. I have heard of three methods of NJP; the right way, the blind side way, and the back door way. The ones making the decisions don't know any of the situation and are automatically going against my direct commands recommendations, as they attempt to use the well known correct njp along with a blind side. Any advice would help, I know I will get an njp and I accept it for my bad decisions. But to take away all I ever worked for, ruin my record and take away my benefits is not justice in any way. Below I have listed some of my career information and schools:

Reconassaince marine that has no paperwork against me, never tried drugs or anything ever before, never arrested, basically I have never done anything bad my whole life. I have been on three tours, have medals like most. I have been to Recon school, airborne school, SERE school, and have endured extensive special training. I have been working for the past year doing work of a GySgt(I'm a Cpl) while waiting to get out and go to college. Any useful and legit advice would be great. Also any ideas on questions to ask the jag would help. My only goal is to leave here with my benefits to continue my life rather than have it ruined.

Banned_Princess

Oceanside, Ca

I was told by my XO I was being accused of disobeying a lawful order(using bath salts). I then admitted to my usage of trying it three times and wrote a statement. I was asked I voluntarily to a drug test, let them search my. At and room(nothing found). I EAS November 13 2011 and the results won't be back until after my EAS. My command recommended just an NJP and then I EAS. The company 1st Sgt that my unit falls under is automatically wanting an NJP with OTH and admin separate me. Or if I wanted I can choose a court-martial and then get pretrial confinement. The only evidence they have is my self admittance statement of using bath salts three times. I have signed papers for aknoweledge meant papers of my rights which I have not waived. Tomorrow I go to see the jag to review everything. I understand getting an NJP but to give me hat with an other than honorable and to take away all I worked for seems wrong. I have heard of three methods of NJP; the right way, the blind side way, and the back door way. The ones making the decisions don't know any of the situation and are automatically going against my direct commands recommendations, as they attempt to use the well known correct njp along with a blind side. Any advice would help, I know I will get an njp and I accept it for my bad decisions. But to take away all I ever worked for, ruin my record and take away my benefits is not justice in any way. Below I have listed some of my career information and schools:

Reconassaince marine that has no paperwork against me, never tried drugs or anything ever before, never arrested, basically I have never done anything bad my whole life. I have been on three tours, have medals like most. I have been to Recon school, airborne school, SERE school, and have endured extensive special training. I have been working for the past year doing work of a GySgt(I'm a Cpl) while waiting to get out and go to college. Any useful and legit advice would be great. Also any ideas on questions to ask the jag would help. My only goal is to leave here with my benefits to continue my life rather than have it ruined.
I'm sorry, are you saying bath salts are a drug? are they illegal to use in the military? using bath salts, somehow point to you being a drug addict?

seriously, what is bath salts code for.

I'm sorry, are you saying bath salts are a drug? are they illegal to use in the military? using bath salts, somehow point to you being a drug addict?

seriously, what is bath salts code for.
Bath salts have volatile compounds that can get you high ... the OP is totally screwed. His 1st sgt. is a typical 1st sgt (a dillweed).

I think that the worst he can get is what he would get if he accepts the art. 15. But he admitted to the use. Totally screwed. Totally. Completely.

I would make them court martial me (the punishment may be different as it is the court that makes this decision ~ not his CO as in an art. 15).

If your performance reports are good and your supv. is willing to testify to you being a good soldier & one that he would recommend keeping and that dillweed 1st sgt does not testify then you may have a chance of not getting booted out.

And the JAG is not your friend ~ keep this in mind. So if they recommend going to court martial, it sounds like you have a chance to remain in the service.
If they say just accept the Art. 15, ask for previous cases that have gone to trial & their outcomes.

But, I think you are totally screwed & you did it to yourself.

They will offer you an art. 15 ~~ the CO generally sides with the 1st sgt's recommendation.

Good luck, it would be sad to see you get a OTH over this.

Banned_Princess

Wow. :eek:

and I thought I was pretty up to date on drugs.

lol, op said " bath salts" and I pictured her using actual bath salts, relaxing in the tub. It is relaxing, and makes your body soft and smell good, but high?

so bath salts is code for something else. what people will do to get high!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">