• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son awol after suicide attempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CSMOM

What is the name of your state? California
MY SON HAS GONE AWOL FROM THE ARMY. THIS AFTER HE ATTEMTED SUICIDE A MONTH AGO. HE HAS ASKED FOR A MENTAL EVALUATION MORE THAN ONCE. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. THE STORY IS LONGER BUT THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE. WHAT DO I DO?
PLEASE HELP

Crazed98

CSMOM said:
MY SON HAS GONE AWOL FROM THE ARMY. THIS AFTER HE ATTEMTED SUICIDE A MONTH AGO. HE HAS ASKED FOR A MENTAL EVALUATION MORE THAN ONCE. NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. THE STORY IS LONGER BUT THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE. WHAT DO I DO?
PLEASE HELP

Your son has to go back and deal with the punishment for going AWOL. The help for people with mental problems in the army is not to good and they are extremly slow. It doesn't help either because everyone who knows him probobly know what he tried to do and is putting a lot of stress on him.

All you can do is try and support him and help him through it.

rmet4nzkx

CSMOM said:
PLEASE HELP
Have your son turn himself into a VA hospital. Here is a link to locate the one closest, contact the psychiatric department. http://www.theagapecenter.com/Hospitals/Military.htm#California

DeeLove67

State: PA
Call the gi rights hotline at 800-394-9544 and visit their website at www.girights.org
They will help you. Your sons options depend on which branch of the military he is awol from. There are more options out there than you think. I am dealing with a similar situation and this hotline has been a godsend.

R

revere787

suicidal son after awol

listen to what one post said: call the G.I rights hotline...1-800-394-9544. they will give you the best advice. most likely depending on the situation your son will have to turn himself in and he will probaly get an administratively discharge, also known as a chapter 10, or othe than honorable discharge, no jail time. call the hotline #, dont wait.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">