• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summarized Article 15

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sugar_cbr600

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK
Need some help on this one. Last month, my husband and I separated and than I filed a petition for divorce. The day after I filed the petition he approaches me in formation and tells me his command ( we are in same BN, diff CO) is coming by after PT to inspect. I tell him no they need to go where ever you are staying. I immediately went to my acting 1SG and made him aware of everything. His 1SG was trying to insist on going by the house still. Acting 1SG and myself go to the commander and make her aware of the situtaion I show her my petition which states that his address is now different from mine. She tells me they have no justification for going to my house at this point. After pt I go to the Company and the acting 1SG tries to call the other 1SG, no answer. I called my son who was home and told him to lock all doors and not let anyone in. Little time goes by my son calls and says they are in my back yard beating on the back door and the side door. Little more time goes by and I am told to go home and change. I go home to find they (they being a 1SG, SFC, SSG and SGT) are still at my house, the ex is no where in site. I get out of my truck immediately go to parade rest and try speaking to the 1SG and handing him my petition filed the day before showing that the ex no longer lived at my residence. He still was persisiting that he was going to inspect my house. I'm upset crying, but still maintaining myself otherwise, I say "1SG this is bull****" he steps back looks at me and says what did you say. I said 1SG I'm sorry but I said this is bull****. He says so SPC you are telling me that me inspecting my soldiers quarters is BS. I respond "1SG I'm not trying to disrespect you in any way what I'm saying is that this is no longer his residence, he has moved out and you have no right to be here. Longer story shortened a little after this I call my chain and the 1SG getting no help from them (he talked to my NCO) he calls the CSM. Don't know what was said but all the suddent he 1SG looks at me and says "since you wanna play hardball I want sworn statements from everyone here" and they proceed to leave. I walk in my house and walk back out to find the SSG trying to take pictures of my sister's car tag. At that point I was on the phone with the acting 1SG and was told to head staight back to BN. I get back there and tell him everything that took place to include me saying the word BS. I have to go talk to the CSM and I tell him everything as well. Few days later my 1SG gets back and I find out the other 1SG is saying that he told me to at ease after I said that and I wouldn't that I just keep saying it and I wasn't at parade rest and I said it about 5 times. The other 1SG thru the CSM is trying to push for me to get an article 15 on disrespect based off the lie that he his telling. I have a picture my sister took which shows me surrounded by these 4 NCO's and I'm clearly at parade rest. My command tells me last week they support me and don't believe I did what is being said and aren't doing to do anything. Now they have come back and said they are going to give me a summarized article 15 with 2 days extra duty and nothing lost i.e. money, rank. The only reason they are going to do that is to shut up this other 1SG who won't leave the situation alone even though he was wrong on so many accounts, which I've already gone to the IG for. I've been in over 6 years and have never been in any kind of trouble. I don't wanna accept the article 15 because it would be saying I did something I didn't do. I'm trying to go to the board and I know that this can prevent me and I will be flagged. I just don't know what all happens and goes along with it. Also, I would like to know any ways that I can fight this. I honestly believe that what it comes down to is this 1SG is mad that a SPC wouldn't let him do something and he didn't get to do it so now he's trying to find any way he can to punish me even if it means lying. I'm open to any comments, help whatever.

ERAUPIKE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OK
Need some help on this one. Last month, my husband and I separated and than I filed a petition for divorce. The day after I filed the petition he approaches me in formation and tells me his command ( we are in same BN, diff CO) is coming by after PT to inspect. I tell him no they need to go where ever you are staying. I immediately went to my acting 1SG and made him aware of everything. His 1SG was trying to insist on going by the house still. Acting 1SG and myself go to the commander and make her aware of the situtaion I show her my petition which states that his address is now different from mine. She tells me they have no justification for going to my house at this point. After pt I go to the Company and the acting 1SG tries to call the other 1SG, no answer. I called my son who was home and told him to lock all doors and not let anyone in. Little time goes by my son calls and says they are in my back yard beating on the back door and the side door. Little more time goes by and I am told to go home and change. I go home to find they (they being a 1SG, SFC, SSG and SGT) are still at my house, the ex is no where in site. I get out of my truck immediately go to parade rest and try speaking to the 1SG and handing him my petition filed the day before showing that the ex no longer lived at my residence. He still was persisiting that he was going to inspect my house. I'm upset crying, but still maintaining myself otherwise, I say "1SG this is bull****" he steps back looks at me and says what did you say. I said 1SG I'm sorry but I said this is bull****. He says so SPC you are telling me that me inspecting my soldiers quarters is BS. I respond "1SG I'm not trying to disrespect you in any way what I'm saying is that this is no longer his residence, he has moved out and you have no right to be here. Longer story shortened a little after this I call my chain and the 1SG getting no help from them (he talked to my NCO) he calls the CSM. Don't know what was said but all the suddent he 1SG looks at me and says "since you wanna play hardball I want sworn statements from everyone here" and they proceed to leave. I walk in my house and walk back out to find the SSG trying to take pictures of my sister's car tag. At that point I was on the phone with the acting 1SG and was told to head staight back to BN. I get back there and tell him everything that took place to include me saying the word BS. I have to go talk to the CSM and I tell him everything as well. Few days later my 1SG gets back and I find out the other 1SG is saying that he told me to at ease after I said that and I wouldn't that I just keep saying it and I wasn't at parade rest and I said it about 5 times. The other 1SG thru the CSM is trying to push for me to get an article 15 on disrespect based off the lie that he his telling. I have a picture my sister took which shows me surrounded by these 4 NCO's and I'm clearly at parade rest. My command tells me last week they support me and don't believe I did what is being said and aren't doing to do anything. Now they have come back and said they are going to give me a summarized article 15 with 2 days extra duty and nothing lost i.e. money, rank. The only reason they are going to do that is to shut up this other 1SG who won't leave the situation alone even though he was wrong on so many accounts, which I've already gone to the IG for. I've been in over 6 years and have never been in any kind of trouble. I don't wanna accept the article 15 because it would be saying I did something I didn't do. I'm trying to go to the board and I know that this can prevent me and I will be flagged. I just don't know what all happens and goes along with it. Also, I would like to know any ways that I can fight this. I honestly believe that what it comes down to is this 1SG is mad that a SPC wouldn't let him do something and he didn't get to do it so now he's trying to find any way he can to punish me even if it means lying. I'm open to any comments, help whatever.
Just because you say, "I'm not trying to disrespect you" it doesn't make what you said automatically not disrespectful. You used a profane term towards a Senior NCO twice that you admit to. Summarized Article 15 is justified by your own admission.

sugar_cbr600

Well in this instance you are wrong. IG and legal both felt there was no justification for giving me any article 15. I'll be getting a counseling statement, nothing more. I used the term to describe the situation not at the NCO. Let's not mention that what they were doing was wrong in so many ways we can't even count. Just because someone is a Senior NCO it doesn't make their actions right. But thank you, situation is now fixed.

Well in this instance you are wrong. IG and legal both felt there was no justification for giving me any article 15. I'll be getting a counseling statement, nothing more. I used the term to describe the situation not at the NCO. Let's not mention that what they were doing was wrong in so many ways we can't even count. Just because someone is a Senior NCO it doesn't make their actions right. But thank you, situation is now fixed.
I agree with legal on this one. What you got was the correct outcome. Was this base housing or private quarters off-base?

ERAUPIKE

It could have just as easily gone the other way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">