• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Treatment failure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ahnvil

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Navy

Nothing has been decided yet, however...

I had a recent Family Advocacy Program case with a complaint of domestic violence. The board decided (a month after the fact) that the case met all wickets for domestic abuse. After the board met, I found out that the investigating counselor removed about 3/4 of my statement and discarded the witness statement because it stated that nothing happened. The witness said she saw no violence because there was none. Anyhow, fighting that "clinical decision" on the side, fraud on the part of the investigator.

Where their decision leaves me is with their further ruling, stating that I'm a treatment failure because I've been through the program before, a few years ago for a shoving match with the ex. They basically said that the few counseling sessions should last me a lifetime.

According to my CMC, MILPERS requires the CO to either adsep me or give Millington a VERY good reason why he's chosen not to. They both met with the Judge and she believes there is a good case for NJP based on red marks on her neck and a bruise which appeared two or three days after the fact.

The portion of my statement which was cut out explained the red marks, and I have no clue where the bruise came from. I also have a "private" video showing where the red marks came from, but haven't decided if opening up my personal life to my commander is going to do any good.

I'm just lost at this point. Nothing violent happened, and I was convicted at a kangaroo court which claims it's a clinical process. I broke up with her because she's prone to this type of drama, ironic?

My questions...

If I'm ADSEP'd, do I lose all bene's? GI Bill, Disability?
If I'm masted, can he bust me then ADSEP me?
Is it worth requesting Courts Martial over?
If I do show the video, would it be best to cut it first? I'm kinda afraid I could go to mast for a few other things on it.

This is ten years of my life, wiped out in a month. Any ACTUAL assistance would be fantastic, I'm already aware of my failings at picking partners.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ahnvil

I'm very much aware of that, and appreciate the advice, but I have plenty of people giving me relationship advice.

What I really need is some no bs answers to my questions. I gave up my family in favor of service to this nation.

Some things I left out of the original posting...

The initial complaint was to a first class corpsman, who is medical staff. She said she didn't want it reported, he did anyways.

Who is included in restricted reporting? He took it straight up the chain. She filed a complaint initially, but it was shut down because "He's not a provider."

What, if any, paperwork is required to be signed to take a report from restricted to unrestricted?

Thanks

OHRoadwarrior

I gave up my family in favor of service to this nation.
But not your after duty activities.

Hang loose. It may take a few days for those with extensive military experience to chime in. Expect some criticism to come your way in the mean time. BTW after 10 years, I hope you come out of this clean. Thank You, for your service.

ahnvil

Meh, man has needs. I accept that I make poor choices in women. I get the criticism every day at work, I can take it.

I really just need to know if I'm crazy for considering "a" Courts martial (for you, Liz).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">