• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turning myself in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alphau86

What is the name of your state? NC

I have been AWOL for approx. 10 months. In a few days I am turning myself in back into military control. I was in the army for 2 years before I left. Permanent Party stationed at Ft. Campbell. I have been reading these forums and taking everything I could from them and I know if I turn myself in at any PCF facility, I will most likely end up being returned to my unit at Campbell. However, I have read that there is a small chance that even if I was permanent party stationed CONUS that there is a slim possibility that I could be entered into the PCF at Sill or Knox and be discharged from there. Basically I'm just wondering if I should take the chance and turn myself in at Fort Sill or just return to Knox since it is closer?
My MOS was a 13D which required a secret clearance, I read somewhere that my clearance would be revoked - if that is true, does that mean they will change my MOS if they keep me? Or reinstate my clearance?. Also at the time I was mentally unstable, spent 2 weeks in a mental hospital for a suicide attempt and was diagnosed with depression and adjustment disorder. My unit deployed October 07, I went AWOL 1 Aug 07. I never got my orders to deploy, would that matter at all in what my punishment could be, for missing movement, deployment, etc., with no orders since I went AWOL about 2 months prior.
In the last 10 months I have been AWOL, I have become very unfit, out of shape, and overweight. I have gained roughly 60 or 70 lbs since I left. If I go back and they decide to keep me in and deploy me again right away, will I be allowed some time to get back inshape? Perhaps if anyone can reference me to the regulations somewhere online about Physical requirements for getting deployed, that would be greatly appreciated.
I am very grateful and thank you for you're time reading this and for providing any information that you can.

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state? NC

I have been AWOL for approx. 10 months. In a few days I am turning myself in back into military control. I was in the army for 2 years before I left. Permanent Party stationed at Ft. Campbell. I have been reading these forums and taking everything I could from them and I know if I turn myself in at any PCF facility, I will most likely end up being returned to my unit at Campbell. However, I have read that there is a small chance that even if I was permanent party stationed CONUS that there is a slim possibility that I could be entered into the PCF at Sill or Knox and be discharged from there. Basically I'm just wondering if I should take the chance and turn myself in at Fort Sill or just return to Knox since it is closer?
My MOS was a 13D which required a secret clearance, I read somewhere that my clearance would be revoked - if that is true, does that mean they will change my MOS if they keep me? Or reinstate my clearance?. Also at the time I was mentally unstable, spent 2 weeks in a mental hospital for a suicide attempt and was diagnosed with depression and adjustment disorder. My unit deployed October 07, I went AWOL 1 Aug 07. I never got my orders to deploy, would that matter at all in what my punishment could be, for missing movement, deployment, etc., with no orders since I went AWOL about 2 months prior.
In the last 10 months I have been AWOL, I have become very unfit, out of shape, and overweight. I have gained roughly 60 or 70 lbs since I left. If I go back and they decide to keep me in and deploy me again right away, will I be allowed some time to get back inshape? Perhaps if anyone can reference me to the regulations somewhere online about Physical requirements for getting deployed, that would be greatly appreciated.
I am very grateful and thank you for you're time reading this and for providing any information that you can.
From reading your first post: 02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1842027#post1842027
and your present post, well, if your a head-case, then you just might be
discharged as such. But if you are not, then expect at least an
"OTH" or possibly a Special Courts-Martial with a BCD. At this stage, you
would be well advised to turn yourself in at the nearest Military installation,
or your Recruiter office.

If your are picked up before then, well, let's just say it is not in your best interests.
Once you return, you should immediately or whenever it is feasible to respectfully
request Counsel, for truly you surly will need JAG to represent your best interests.
The [Stigma] attached to anything less than a full Honorable Discharge has lifelong
consequences, that will always bear-down on you 24/7 365 days...

SHORTY OUT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">