• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ua Bootcamp Usmc+medical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RUNNER07

What is the name of your state? NM but the event occurred in CA

Ok well this is my story I was at marine corp boot camp decided it wasn't for me so on field week I saw my shot and ran and made it all the way home via my cousins help and a bus ride home but before I left I was incredibly suicidal and was asked on a few occasions about it and when asked I just told the DI that yes I felt like hurting myself but yet I was still not allowed to see a psychiatrist even at my own request so flash forward a week or two when I went UA 8 days ago I got back to NM and proceeded to find a attorney right now they are working on getting me ELSed out so since then I saw a therapist and was recommended to a mental hospital for observation for being suicidal so I went and was in the place for 4 days I was diagnosed as bi-polar due to the fact that I have depression and HIGH anxiety and have been scheduled for more meetings with members of the mental health field but the truth is I had a similar experience to this happen when I was a few years younger but was told not to worry about it by my recruiter and the marine liaison at MEPS so I don't know if it was on file or not so could I be charged with fraudulent entry and be sent to jail or have a fine of some sort I know different rules apply to recruits as compared to marines so how much trouble am I actually looking at here most possible out come my main problem with going back is that I have no contact with the outside world while at boot camp so I cannot say I was put back to training or something of that nature

My Questions
Will I have to go back or can this be handled through the lawyers?
Am I really going to be discharged?
Will I have to worry about getting a call saying I need to report back to boot camp after a ELS is issued?
How long till they actually look for me?
How likely will it be that I get charged with fraudulent entry?
Who else would I need to speak with besides lawyers,doctors,base personnel?
Will they really put me back in a training company?
If I go back how long would I likely be looking at for being on the depot again?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

racer72

A couple of suggestions. Your post is almost impossible to read or make sense. See the key just below and to the right of the "L" key? That is a period. It is used to end sentences. The use of sentences make things much easier to read. Also break your post into a couple of paragraphs. The break between paragraphs lets the reader know that you are changing subject matter or your idea.

To this to help us help you.

SHORTY LONG

I wholeheartedly agree with Racer72 recommendation; and [op] since you have
a Lawyer why are you not addressing your question to him or her.

the25thHour

What is the name of your state? NM but the event occurred in CA

Ok well this is my story I was at marine corp boot camp decided it wasn't for me so on field week I saw my shot and ran and made it all the way home via my cousins help and a bus ride home but before I left I was incredibly suicidal and was asked on a few occasions about it and when asked I just told the DI that yes I felt like hurting myself but yet I was still not allowed to see a psychiatrist even at my own request so flash forward a week or two when I went UA 8 days ago I got back to NM and proceeded to find a attorney right now they are working on getting me ELSed out so since then I saw a therapist and was recommended to a mental hospital for observation for being suicidal so I went and was in the place for 4 days I was diagnosed as bi-polar due to the fact that I have depression and HIGH anxiety and have been scheduled for more meetings with members of the mental health field but the truth is I had a similar experience to this happen when I was a few years younger but was told not to worry about it by my recruiter and the marine liaison at MEPS so I don't know if it was on file or not so could I be charged with fraudulent entry and be sent to jail or have a fine of some sort I know different rules apply to recruits as compared to marines so how much trouble am I actually looking at here most possible out come my main problem with going back is that I have no contact with the outside world while at boot camp so I cannot say I was put back to training or something of that nature

My Questions
Will I have to worry about getting a call saying I need to report back to boot camp after a ELS is issued?
If I go back how long would I likely be looking at for being on the depot again?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Ok. First off, Re-Type your post in word and run a grammar check. It took me 10 minutes to understand you. Maybe I am just slow though. ;-)

I am not a Lawyer - Do not takein any of the answers I give you as totally factual, I am only drawing on my knowledge as a Marine and being in a somewhat similar situation myself.

My Questions

--Yes, I think so. To my knowledge, you will have to complete the discharge process in person. Remember, you are a Marine (not literally, because you have not finished recruit training, but you are in fact an E-1) and as such, you will have to adhere to military laws and regulations. The government still owns you as far as they are concerned, and upon turning yourself in you will have to follow standard SOPs set up for recruits who went UA.

--Hard to say no, because of the mental health issues along with civilian legal counsel, and your distaste with the Corps. So my guess is, you get a ELS since you are still in training classification.

--You will not recieve a ELS untill you have physically gone back to the Marine Corps and completed the discharge process. Are you really ignorant enough to think you can leave the Marine Corps and have your lawyers smooth it over and have a discharge mailed out to you? Have you even spoken to a lawyer?

--Depends really, You are a boot, the Marine Corps has not invested too much money on you yet, and it would be hard to imagine a thourough investigation of your wherabouts. Probably (at the most and no more than) a few phone calls and a knock on the door at your residence or work if you get a job on the books somewhere.

--I have no idea, but it seems somewhat unlikely.

Read sticky at the top of the main military law forum. Its some good tinfo.

-- If you weren't pulling the Crazy card, they would likely give you the option to finish the training. But if you press that issue, I would assume they won't.

-- Depends on how quick the paper work moves. The government OWNS you now, it is not a one or two day vacation there and then poof its over. I envision you will probably be placed in a seperations plt. while you wait for the paper work. But because you're pulling the crazy card, it may happen differently.

Good Luck.

PJ Weber

I saw a therapist and was recommended to a mental hospital for observation for being suicidal so I went and was in the place for 4 days I was diagnosed as bi-polar due to the fact that I have depression and HIGH anxiety and have been scheduled for more meetings with members of the mental health field but the truth is I had a similar experience to this happen when I was a few years younger but was told not to worry about it by my recruiter and the marine liaison at MEPS so I don't know if it was on file or not so could I be charged with fraudulent entry
You will have to turn yourself in and await the proceedings

Looks like a history (more than one incident) of mental instability and he lied to get in the Marines

Looks like a Fraudulent Entry discharge to me

This is why you shouldn't lie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">