• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UA Marine turning myself in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhug20

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I've been in 2.5 years, I've been UA now for 3 months and my unit has deployed. I'm turning myself in ASAP and I also realize my stupidity and want to stay in. I obviously know Ill face UA, missing movement, and deserter charges. Do you know anybody in a similar situation that was given a chance to stay in and serve, given the circumstances?

SHORTY LONG

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Do you know anybody in a similar situation that was given a chance to stay in and serve, given the circumstances?
As a matter of fact, yes I did know someone. They turned themselves in and ask for JAG representation and mercifully pleaded to stay in. Because his service was exemplary until he did almost identical to what you had done, he was able to actually make the Corps his career. He is now in his 7th year. Let me be unmistakably clear, although your cases were almost identical, the Corps deals with each case differently or if you would on a case by case basis. So do the right thing and turn your self to a Recruiter's Office or Military installation before you are arrested. Do not ask me personally anything else because I am not a genie with a golden lamp.

jhug20

Thanks for your response we all make mistakes, and I'm working to make things better despite the outcome.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Thanks for your response we all make mistakes, and I'm working to make things better despite the outcome.
Please don't use this as an excuse. A mistake is wearing a black sock and a blue sock; what you did was a deliberate, poor choice. And I"m telling you this for your benefit. Going in with a "we all make mistakes" or "no one is perfect" attitude will NOT serve you well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">