• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ucmj

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy324

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama. My question is about adultery in the military. My son's wife met a pilot in training (W-1) in a nightclub September, 2010 and immediately started an affair with him. Within a month a so she was staying every night and weekends at his house (off-base) while her 3 children were at home with their dad. This W-1 was aware that she was married and had three children at home. Needless to say by the end of November she and my son were divorced. She and the W-1 moved in together the next week and were married last month. My son would not report this to the commander (because he is too nice), but now he is facing a custody battle for his children. He finally called the Inspector Generals Office to ask about this and was basically laughed at. He was told that since they are now divorced that he could not file a complaint. So in other words a pilot-in-training can cause a family to be ripped apart but cannot be disciplined for it after the fact? Does my son have any legal recourse to resolve this or is this simply a case of some kind of brotherhood that protects their own. (By the way my son is an army veteran and a wonderful person). Thank you for your assistance with an answer to my question.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">