• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

upgrade dd214

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josephhoward

California

How do I go about getting my dd214 upgraded from general under honorable to a honorableWhat is the name of your state?

PJ Weber

You will have to petition the Board of Military Corrections

You will need to prove that the military made an error in issuing the discharge

It's a lengthy uphill battle with the answer being no in many cases, but it can be done

Magic is probably your best bet, the lie that the other dirt bags getting kicked out told you about getting your discharge upgraded is false. The military has a distinct need to be able to punish those that do not perform well in their jobs or do not fulfill their contracts. Your discharge is simply your performance review and recommendation for every job you will try to acquire over the next twenty years. The choices you made to result in a discharge that is not honorable will follow you for the majority of the rest of your life, I can say that without knowing anything about your situation. What was the reason cited on the DD-214 for a General Under Honorable? Good luck but if I was you I would not waste the time and effort it will take you to get turned down.

"Man's capacity for evil makes democracy necessary and man's capacity for good makes democracy possible."

Reinhold Niebuhr

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">