• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upgrade an OTH discharge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kukri11b

Back in 2006 I received an Other Than Honorable Discharge from the USMC Reserves. It is the one thing in my life I am most ashamed of. However since then, I have enlisted into the US Army in 2007, I am now an E-5, have many meritorious awards, a GCM and no negative actions. My career is the most important thing to me, and due to my current service I am hoping I can upgrade my discharge from the marines to at least a General discharge. Especially because I plan on being in the military for at least the full 20 years.

justmeee

re-enlisted?

Back in 2006 I received an Other Than Honorable Discharge from the USMC Reserves.... However since then, I have enlisted into the US Army in 2007...
How did you enlist in the US Army with an OTH discharge? could you tell me what your re-enlistment code was? I was discharged with an OTH and would like to re-enlist, so would greatly appreciate some info on this. Thanks

Crew

How did you enlist in the US Army with an OTH discharge? could you tell me what your re-enlistment code was? I was discharged with an OTH and would like to re-enlist, so would greatly appreciate some info on this. Thanks
When you find out let me know, I am interested in getting into the Army as well. NJP OTH HKK RE4 here about to submit a DD149 though and cross my fingers.

antrc170

If you've somehow managed to re-enlist (which is almost impossible with an OTH discharge) then your current service discharge will be the one that counts. So if you serve honorably, your discharge will be an Honorable discharge. When you re-enlisted your previous discharge was forfeited, and a new one will be issued upon your release.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">