• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

USMC med discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sgtusmc

What is the name of your state?NY
I am being medically discharged soon with no real support from my command. No one seems to know who I can contact to get answers as to what my rights and benefits are. My MEB has been dictated and I am told that I should be out by July. I am not getting any better and I am married with one child. I have been asking questions like who can I speak to to find out what I do next and I am not getting answers. I am an active duty marine attached to a reservist unit. I'd like to know if anyone has any numbers or points of contact that might help. The numbers don't have to be from NY. If anyone knows of a person or office in your area that deals with these issues, I'd like the number so that through them I could find the right person in my area. I would truly appreciate any help.

rmet4nzkx

sgtusmc said:
What is the name of your state?NY
I am being medically discharged soon with no real support from my command. No one seems to know who I can contact to get answers as to what my rights and benefits are. My MEB has been dictated and I am told that I should be out by July. I am not getting any better and I am married with one child. I have been asking questions like who can I speak to to find out what I do next and I am not getting answers. I am an active duty marine attached to a reservist unit. I'd like to know if anyone has any numbers or points of contact that might help. The numbers don't have to be from NY. If anyone knows of a person or office in your area that deals with these issues, I'd like the number so that through them I could find the right person in my area. I would truly appreciate any help.

04-30-2005 09:16 PM
sgtusmc What is the name of your state?Ny
I'm a Sgt in the Marine Corps. I've been in alittle over seven years. I did my part in OEF and OIF. I've had migraine headaches for the last 4 years. They have been getting worse. In Aug 04 I had a migraine at work and passed out due to the pain since then, I have passed out over 25 times. I was diagnosed with incapacitating migaines with sycopal episodes. I'm at the point now that I get up to 3 migraines a day. Against my will I'm going to be medically discharged I was planning to due my 20 in the Corps. All the paperwork has been submitted, I'm just waiting to sign the paperwork. Heres my problem, I'm married, with a 4 year old son. I'm stationed in NY and all our family is in CA. I was told that I should be out in less than 4 months. I'm trying to put my wife through school. She has a year left. It is very improtant that she finishes since she will be the bread winner. No one seems to have any answers for me. I did talk to the VA about help but till I receive my dd214 they cannot help. I was told by the VA that it could take several months before I could get any help from them. I just don't know what to do. I don't wanna end up homeless. I have some money in the bank but not enough to stay here for another year. Is there any type of pay once the dd214 comes in? Also does anyone know how long I have before I lose the moving help (shipping my house hold goods)?
Welcome to the frustrating world of Dysautonomia
AKA soldier's Heart.....

http://www.ndrf.org/orthostat.htm
National Dysautonomia Research Foundation
1407 W Fourth Street, Suite 160, Red Wing, MN 55066-2108
Phone: (651) 267-0525 Fax: (651) 267-0524
Ask for Linda Smith she should be able to give you referals to doctors that may help and or have connections to the VA.

Since you are in NY you might want to contact
Julian M Stewart, MD
Munger Pavillion # 618
Valhalla, NY 10595
Main Phone: 914-594-4370

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000261.html may also have some assistance

What is your goal?
Diagnosis, treatment?
Do you want to stay in?
Do you want rehab?
Do you know your triggers?
Do you keep salt tablets on hand?
Is this being considered service related?
What degree of disability have they assigned to you? VA will usually reduce it after you get out.

There are a number of non medical treatments incuding lifestyle and diet that may greatly improve your quality of life and reduce your syncopal episodes and migrains. Diet may not be what you expect. I'm sorry I can't answer your questions about the details of shipment of your household belongings and income, but there is usually an option of a lump sum followed by a prorated income. If you qualify for SSDI that will be a separate process, but the qualifying factors are different.

What is your wife training for and how long does she have remaining? What is your MOS? What will be your RE code? You might contact Disabled Veterans organizations, http://www.dav.org/
http://www.asdv.org/

Keep us updated

Semper Fi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">