• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wanting to change my Army discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neednelp

What is the name of your state?Ca
I want to change a bcd discharge giving to me 40 years ago by a General Court Martial. How can I have it changed after all this time? If the Army had lived up to their aggrement with me I would'nt have gone AWOL. Can any one help.
Thanks

SHORTY LONG

neednelp "Changing Army Discharge"

You have not disclosed what you were court martialed for to get your bcd; you also have not shared what if anything you have done to change your discharge over these past 40 years! Each is very important in order to see if possible to at least make sound suggestions to you; also, you will need to request your service records; you will at least need a copy of your DD214 and branch of service, service number, time period you were in and whither you were in combat and most likely other identification. This is very information that will be needed. So, to at least try and acquire your service records, you can contact any locale Veteran Service Organization close to you: example American Legion, etc., they have Veteran Srvices Officers who can help you free of charge in trying to obtain your records which by the way be advised that it can take up to a year to retrive if at all they are retrivable. Also, i do hope over these past 40 years you have been an upstanding citizen without civilian law problems and have had a decent work history. This at this early point from what you have posted is all I can suggest!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">