• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maninthemiddle

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Look, I don't want to write a novel. So, I will stick to the basics but...questions will be welcomed.

Currently, I'm in the Army National Guard...and...considering the following...

1. Don't believe the military is doing what it needs to be doing (holding government accountable)...
2. See the writing on the wall, considering the state of our Republic...
3. Completely HATE my unit
4. Got in on a waiver to begin with (past enlistment in active duty components....medical disqual and depression)...
5. Did not plan on ending up in Colorado in the first place (My previous unit in another state, allowed me to go into the ING, so that I could take some time off, figure things out and have a fresh start after getting out of the mental hospital) but had no choice after civilian plans fell through....
6. Current unit won't allow me to go ING or IRR
7. Have a passport, experience with working overseas and can disappear...
8. Can't find any links to the states code of military justice...
9. Have been in counesling for ...9 monhts....
10. Failed out of graduate school (teaching) because I refuse to contribute to the spoon fed mantra of "social justice"...
11. Simply unhappy, unmotivated, angry, isolated......
12. Now on a profile for depression....
13. Pretty much don't turs the chain of command at the unit...

...I want out. Simply leaving and going AWOL has been on my mind for some time. Yeah, I signed a contract three years ago. How about we hold elected officals accountable to THEIR obligations and the contact they signed with the American people? This, upon everything else (finances, depression, feeling of leading a meaningless life) really gets me. But......I just want out so I can leave all this behind, go back overseas and continue working (I have more job options), save some money and ....do a better job of being proactive ( spent 6 years working overseas before I enlisted).

Ya know, there was a point when I was pretty darn motived, even recently. I even put in papers to go active duty...but, nothing has come of it (and this was late August). So, I've given up on that, completely. In which case, I'm glad....I don't want to contribute to something I don't feel is doing the right thing..simply for the money.

What can I do? I feel as if I"m trapped, in a bad dream, going nowhere.....

umkemesic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Look, I don't want to write a novel. So, I will stick to the basics but...questions will be welcomed.

Currently, I'm in the Army National Guard...and...considering the following...

1. Don't believe the military is doing what it needs to be doing (holding government accountable)...
2. See the writing on the wall, considering the state of our Republic...
3. Completely HATE my unit
4. Got in on a waiver to begin with (past enlistment in active duty components....medical disqual and depression)...
5. Did not plan on ending up in Colorado in the first place (My previous unit in another state, allowed me to go into the ING, so that I could take some time off, figure things out and have a fresh start after getting out of the mental hospital) but had no choice after civilian plans fell through....
6. Current unit won't allow me to go ING or IRR
7. Have a passport, experience with working overseas and can disappear...
8. Can't find any links to the states code of military justice...
9. Have been in counesling for ...9 monhts....
10. Failed out of graduate school (teaching) because I refuse to contribute to the spoon fed mantra of "social justice"...
11. Simply unhappy, unmotivated, angry, isolated......
12. Now on a profile for depression....
13. Pretty much don't turs the chain of command at the unit...

...I want out. Simply leaving and going AWOL has been on my mind for some time. Yeah, I signed a contract three years ago. How about we hold elected officals accountable to THEIR obligations and the contact they signed with the American people? This, upon everything else (finances, depression, feeling of leading a meaningless life) really gets me. But......I just want out so I can leave all this behind, go back overseas and continue working (I have more job options), save some money and ....do a better job of being proactive ( spent 6 years working overseas before I enlisted).

Ya know, there was a point when I was pretty darn motived, even recently. I even put in papers to go active duty...but, nothing has come of it (and this was late August). So, I've given up on that, completely. In which case, I'm glad....I don't want to contribute to something I don't feel is doing the right thing..simply for the money.

What can I do? I feel as if I"m trapped, in a bad dream, going nowhere.....
Defecating on your CO's desk has a 100% success rate of getting kicked. Other than that, there is always sucking it up and dealing with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">