• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When your recruiter refuses to cancel your contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hallie.lynn

Florida, the Florida Keys

So I was initially supposed to go into the navy to be EOD and was told I had a guarantee of being able to try out. I had asked my recruiter how I could speak to the EOD recruiter and start, and she told me just to choose a job and I could begin the process. I chose a job I didn't want and when I spoke to the EOD recruiter he told me I was unable to even try out for EOD because of my eye sight ( something I had asked my recruiter long before if it was ever an issue and I was told absolutely not). I then requested for a cancellation of my contract because they could not guarantee me another job I wanted, on top of my recruiter forging my signature, not showing for weekly required visits (she was 5 days late for our 72 consultation and sent another recruiter to do it for her and have me lie about the date so she wouldn't get in trouble), giving me no information about DEP meetings or workout schedules i have asked of her. I then am harassed, threatened and cursed out by another recruiter and am still being pushed through the process without my consent. I am not being allowed the ability to cancel my contract and I have no idea what to do. My only option is to just not get on the bus for boot camp and accept all legal actions taken against me because my recruiter refuses to allow me a cancellation of my contract. I have all text messages from her and my clear stating of the blatant fact that i want a cancellation. Please, help me. I don't want to be pushed to do something I have no desire to do and respect those who do not respect me or my wishes when all I have done is respect them.

Last edited:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Florida, the Florida Keys

So I was initially supposed to go into the navy to be EOD and was told I had a guarantee of being able to try out. I had asked my recruiter how I could speak to the EOD recruiter and start, and she told me just to choose a job and I could begin the process. I chose a job I didn't want and when I spoke to the EOD recruiter he told me I was unable to even try out for EOD because of my eye sight ( something I had asked my recruiter long before if it was ever an issue and I was told absolutely not). I then requested for a cancellation of my contract because they could not guarantee me another job I wanted, on top of my recruiter forging my signature, not showing for weekly required visits (she was 5 days late for our 72 consultation and sent another recruiter to do it for her and have me lie about the date so she wouldn't get in trouble), giving me no information about DEP meetings or workout schedules i have asked of her. I then am harassed, threatened and cursed out by another recruiter and am still being pushed through the process without my consent. I am not being allowed the ability to cancel my contract and I have no idea what to do. My only option is to just not get on the bus for boot camp and accept all legal actions taken against me because my recruiter refuses to allow me a cancellation of my contract. I have all text messages from her and my clear stating of the blatant fact that i want a cancellation. Please, help me. I don't want to be pushed to do something I have no desire to do and respect those who do not respect me or my wishes when all I have done is respect them.
Hallie, no matter how much they fuss, they are NOT going to take legal action against you for not shipping. Tell them you're not going, and if they don't stop the harassment you will file a complaint with the Recruiting District Commander.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">