• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife being chaptered out..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fjkdmerc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My wife has been in Southern Afgan for about a month and a half. Last week, after running a stop sign, I was pulled over and a warrant for my arrest was found. Turns out, I had a $1000 dollar cash only bond for non-payment of child support on me. But here's the catch, it was money I owed MYSELF! See, I moved from Washington state in 2009 with full custody of my son, but when WA sent forth paperwork to Texas where I am now, they didn't mention I had custody, and Texas started up child support against me without my knowledge. After 4 days in jail, the charge was dropped after child support realized the mistake. Now here's the issue with my wife; while in jail, my friend was able to contact her and told her what was going on. Someone in her unit over heard the phone call and told her 1st Sarge. Now, they are chaptering her out of the Army due to financial issues.

This began when we had two cars repossessed and she tried to ask her 1st for help with an AER loan, which was denied. This began the ball to rolling for counseling statements regarding finances. That is the ONLY bill we've had that we could not/did not pay, so I have no idea how that's grounds for chapter and a bar to reinlist. They told her she'd be sent back here to FT Hood and could fight it, but her CSM has already signed it and her 1st is telling her she'll only have 30 days til she's out. Is there anything that can be done? My wife has 9yrs in the military and has only had this trouble within the last one yr. She was previously Navy and has good conduct medals and nothing but excellent counselling statements. Please help. Thanks.

LillianX

Is this a security clearance issue? Is she no longer eligible for her clearance because of the financial situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">