• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmans comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fed

What is the name of your state? illinois i'm a full time military tech in the guard. i've been approved by owcp for jod related injurys for surgerys. so far they have been good about paying med. bills. my ? is are fed employees entitled to any type of settlelments? my supervisors & higher management says that we are not because we are fed employes & military both { dual rolls} they say we are only entitled to med care & nothing else. thank you .What is the name of your state?

Snipes5

You are receiving your military pay while waiting for surgery, right?

That is what Workman's Comp is for, it replaces your pay if you are unable to work.

People get settlements for various reasons, but since you are receiving pay, and they are paying medical, there is no reason for a settlement.

Snipes

T

thepizzaguy

Snipes5 said:
You are receiving your military pay while waiting for surgery, right?

That is what Workman's Comp is for, it replaces your pay if you are unable to work.

People get settlements for various reasons, but since you are receiving pay, and they are paying medical, there is no reason for a settlement.

Snipes
He is getting paid and receiving medical care, so the question has been asked and answered. No Workman's Comp for you. That would be "double dipping"

My question is "How was the OP injured"... Was it negligence?

Pain and suffering etc. etc.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">