• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worried about UA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GideonW

Hello, Im an E4 in the Navy, and this morning my LPO pulled me in and marked me UA for the last month of FEP sessions. I havent been going, not because "Im a rebel" or anything, but because Im newly married and move in less than 30 days (hopefully). Ive had a lot going on so my FEP sessions took the back burner. Im wondering what the worst that could happen is, Im worried of loosing rank, my orders/pcs, and all over some PT. I wasnt UA from everything, I just havent been doing my PT. Im not overweight or anything, I failed my run by 20 seconds. Im at a training base and Im hoping that this wont be punished to the same extent as ARIs. Anyone have any ideas or advice?

adjusterjack

You're just going to have to sweat it out until something happens, then you'll find out.

Understand that, when you join the military, you don't get to choose which obligations you comply with, you comply with all of them, no excuses.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Hello, Im an E4 in the Navy, and this morning my LPO pulled me in and marked me UA for the last month of FEP sessions. I havent been going, not because "Im a rebel" or anything, but because Im newly married and move in less than 30 days (hopefully). Ive had a lot going on so my FEP sessions took the back burner. Im wondering what the worst that could happen is, Im worried of loosing rank, my orders/pcs, and all over some PT. I wasnt UA from everything, I just havent been doing my PT. Im not overweight or anything, I failed my run by 20 seconds. Im at a training base and Im hoping that this wont be punished to the same extent as ARIs. Anyone have any ideas or advice?
So your response to failing PT is to do LESS PT? And you think your new wife will be impressed when you get booted from the Navy? You need to get your priorities straightened out NOW. Not when it's convenient for you, not when your PCS is over. Now. Put your big-boy knickers on and start living up to your work responsibilities. And just what do you have to do for your PCS? The Navy will send someone over to not only pack your stuff, but move it for you. There's VERY little that your wife shouldn't be able to handle. So my advice? Get your act together before the Navy decides it prefers Sailors who can do the routine things routinely.

Mythoughts

Ua & awol

So your response to failing PT is to do LESS PT? And you think your new wife will be impressed when you get booted from the Navy? You need to get your priorities straightened out NOW. Not when it's convenient for you, not when your PCS is over. Now. Put your big-boy knickers on and start living up to your work responsibilities. And just what do you have to do for your PCS? The Navy will send someone over to not only pack your stuff, but move it for you. There's VERY little that your wife shouldn't be able to handle. So my advice? Get your act together before the Navy decides it prefers Sailors who can do the routine things routinely.
Don't freak out.
If you have reached AWOL status you'll be subject to the UCMJ, and I can speak from personal experience with the army that there is a process to be discharged. The army has a personnel Control Facility that handles this. I imagine the navy does as well. For army it's a 2-3 week process of sitting around, doing some paperwork, and doing some minot detail work on base.
Nothing to.be afraid of & you'll either be able to go back into the military or be discharged when you're all done.

Fear not. Just find out the # for the Navy PCF & call. Turn yourself in & pack a bag with everything you'll need for 2 weeks. Gets boring so bring a book or 2.
Good luck.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Don't freak out.
If you have reached AWOL status you'll be subject to the UCMJ, and I can speak from personal experience with the army that there is a process to be discharged. The army has a personnel Control Facility that handles this. I imagine the navy does as well. For army it's a 2-3 week process of sitting around, doing some paperwork, and doing some minot detail work on base.
Nothing to.be afraid of & you'll either be able to go back into the military or be discharged when you're all done.

Fear not. Just find out the # for the Navy PCF & call. Turn yourself in & pack a bag with everything you'll need for 2 weeks. Gets boring so bring a book or 2.
Good luck.
Did you read the OP? He's not AWOL, he's been missing PT regularly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">