• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly Separated from the Navy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NavyLS3

I was admin sepped under Milpersman 1910-122, under honorable with an RE code of 3G JFX, "personality disorder" in December 2010. I knew this was not correct, but was told by the PS1 processing my sep to just sign my DD214 because if I fight it, they might not give me an honorable discharge and that I was "basically getting a free pass out of the Navy"...

However, I do not have this condition. There is no documented history in my service record of me having behavioral problems, or declining performance. I had P and MP evals my entire 5 years in the Navy and made E4. I had never been to mental health or taken medication for any conditions dealing with mental health.

Long story short, I was on shore duty for pregnancy. I canceled my shore duty early for orders to stay in Jacksonville. I went back to sea duty early, my baby was only 8 months old and his father (we were not married) was deployed. I kept having problems within the command about duty watches (they would put me on the balls to 8 watch repeatedly, knowing that I had a new baby at home and his dad was gone) and additionally, the command was preparing for deployment, so I went to mental health just for counseling to have someone to talk to about the stress of the situation.

I went for counseling for 2 months before I was told I was being separated with the PD. I was told this at the end of November 2010, I was out of the Navy by the second week of December. The counselor "unofficially" showed me an email thread between my command CO and a Psychiatrist at mental health, the one who wrote the letter that led to my sep. Basically, the assumption is, the command thought I was a "problem or liability" for deployment and took advantage of the fact that I was in counseling in order to get rid of me. I have read the Milpersman 1910-122 over 100 times in the past 4 years and still to this day cannot figure out how they got away this.

I now have my BA degree and am in touch with an officer recruiter trying to apply for a med waiver... but he is skeptical that Naval Personnel Command will approve it because they were the final approval on the separation and basically they would have to admit they did something wrong.

I know what they did was wrong but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do legally to fix this? I have tried submitting a request to NPC to change my DD214 3 times, however each time they claim to never have received it. Is there anyone within the military who can help me?

justalayman

I can't give you an answer but rather am asking a question;

Don't you think you signing the discharge as written, knowing it to be false, might be an issue?

And why would the statement about not being given an honorable discharge and yiu are getting a free pass out of the navy not be an issue at the time...unless you actually wanted out of the Navy?

SHORTY LONG

I can't give you an answer but rather am asking a question;

Don't you think you signing the discharge as written, knowing it to be false, might be an issue?

And why would the statement about not being given an honorable discharge and yiu are getting a free pass out of the navy not be an issue at the time...unless you actually wanted out of the Navy?[/QUOTE

Respectfully, Justalayman, simply put, an "outstanding eagle eye!" :cool:

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
I was admin sepped under Milpersman 1910-122, under honorable with an RE code of 3G JFX, "personality disorder" in December 2010. I knew this was not correct, but was told by the PS1 processing my sep to just sign my DD214 because if I fight it, they might not give me an honorable discharge and that I was "basically getting a free pass out of the Navy"...

However, I do not have this condition. There is no documented history in my service record of me having behavioral problems, or declining performance. I had P and MP evals my entire 5 years in the Navy and made E4. I had never been to mental health or taken medication for any conditions dealing with mental health.

Long story short, I was on shore duty for pregnancy. I canceled my shore duty early for orders to stay in Jacksonville. I went back to sea duty early, my baby was only 8 months old and his father (we were not married) was deployed. I kept having problems within the command about duty watches (they would put me on the balls to 8 watch repeatedly, knowing that I had a new baby at home and his dad was gone) and additionally, the command was preparing for deployment, so I went to mental health just for counseling to have someone to talk to about the stress of the situation.

I went for counseling for 2 months before I was told I was being separated with the PD. I was told this at the end of November 2010, I was out of the Navy by the second week of December. The counselor "unofficially" showed me an email thread between my command CO and a Psychiatrist at mental health, the one who wrote the letter that led to my sep. Basically, the assumption is, the command thought I was a "problem or liability" for deployment and took advantage of the fact that I was in counseling in order to get rid of me. I have read the Milpersman 1910-122 over 100 times in the past 4 years and still to this day cannot figure out how they got away this.

I now have my BA degree and am in touch with an officer recruiter trying to apply for a med waiver... but he is skeptical that Naval Personnel Command will approve it because they were the final approval on the separation and basically they would have to admit they did something wrong.

I know what they did was wrong but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do legally to fix this? I have tried submitting a request to NPC to change my DD214 3 times, however each time they claim to never have received it. Is there anyone within the military who can help me?

I'm not buying this timeline for a second. And ADSEP does NOT happen in 2 weeks time. You would have had legal representation and options for appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">