• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on obtaining surplus funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KellyM

What is the name of your state?Florida-----We had a home foreclosed on in Jan 05 and were subsequently contacted by a company telling us that there were surplus funds (approx $12,500) and they were offering to assist us in obtaining these funds. When they faxed the paperwork to me it consisted of signing the right to the money over to them and then we would receive 50%. I did research and found that you can do this without them or an attorney but I can't seem to find out exactly what I need to do. We now live in Louisiana and my husband's ex-wife is trying to help (her name was also on the house) but when she went to the courthouse they gave her a blank Motion and no instructions which she has sent to me. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!

S

seniorjudge

KellyM said:
What is the name of your state?Florida-----We had a home foreclosed on in Jan 05 and were subsequently contacted by a company telling us that there were surplus funds (approx $12,500) and they were offering to assist us in obtaining these funds. When they faxed the paperwork to me it consisted of signing the right to the money over to them and then we would receive 50%. I did research and found that you can do this without them or an attorney but I can't seem to find out exactly what I need to do. We now live in Louisiana and my husband's ex-wife is trying to help (her name was also on the house) but when she went to the courthouse they gave her a blank Motion and no instructions which she has sent to me. Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated!
The place to start is talk to the folks who foreclosed on you. Ask them your questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">