• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Another mortage question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jumper77

I live in Tennessee. We bought a house 2 years ago for 65,000. Now all the homes are selling for 40,000. We did not know at the time of purchase that one of the houses next to us was a section 8 house. The people who live there are gang members, dog fighters and shoot guns out in their backyard. We are senior citizens and are afraid for our lives. Will a bank let you out of a mortgage if you are in fear for your life?

Hope this post is not "to" out there. I'm new and this is my first post.

thank you for any help...

jumper77

No, but if you are truly in fear for your life, why do you care?

DC
Hi DC. Thanks for the reply. I guess you're right about the "why do you care" part. I guess I was trying to not screw up my credit. But if the choice is getting out of here or my credit, then I'm getting out of here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">