• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank mess up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jtsmith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
I found out that the bank moved way to fast with our loan three years ago. We have been making our payments with noblaye payments or problems. My bank wants us to refinance our loan totally at their cost. In my mind there should be more that the bank should owe me for this mess up. I think they are trying to have me refinance so they can get out of this fast and easy. Should I be telling them by giving me the loan that it is void and null and we should own our house now free and clear or is there more to this than I know? Please help! If I need to hire a lawyer I will. I just want to know how to proceed.

Thanks

FlyingRon

You can tell them that, they probably need a laugh. I seriously doubt that whatever "mistake" they made is going to result in you running off with THEIR money without recourse. Your post doesn't have enough details to make a valid decision. It could be that whatever the defect is could allow them to foreclose on you if you don't comply. If you can convince them to make it worth your while (same or better terms, having them cover all the costs, etc...) why wouldn't you do it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">