• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Been paying for sewer, found out not connected to it,our contracts state "connected"!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Panhead8675

Been paying for sewer, found out not connected to it,our contracts state "connected"!

Hello. I'm looking for any advice for my situation. Basically we moved here in july of 08 and we were told that we were on public sewer. We and the previous owners have been paying public sewer here since the 50's but its never been connected. How can I get the borough to take some responsibility, our sewage has been backing up into the basement since new years eve. The borough did finally come out and run a die test to determine that we are in fact still connected to a full cesspool. Unfortunately the borough also permitted the previous owners to build a garage over top of that cesspool so we can't even drain it. Please give us some advice?! Isn't that permit null now? Wouldn't out mortgage contract also be void if the township falsely told them we are on public sewer? Thank you!!
Nathan

Panhead8675

I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure that the multiple subjects that apply here were noted. I'm still lookin for advice btw, so far this community is very helpful. Thanks everybody!
Nathan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">