• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a second mortgage be refinanced?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

familyof7

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

My husband lost his job one week before we had our son and then I was laid off before returning to work. Our home went into foreclosure. We stayed current with our 2nd, but have outstanding bills due to an incompetent attorney who didn't file all papers concerning a Chapter 13, (after receiving his $). Thank God our mortgage company took us out of foreclosure and gave us a modified loan. But I want to know if we can refinance our 2nd only, consolidating it with our debt (we have a lot of equity). We have very bad credit now and a bankruptcy discharge on our record. Is it possible?

HomeGuru

familyof7 said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

My husband lost his job one week before we had our son and then I was laid off before returning to work. Our home went into foreclosure. We stayed current with our 2nd, but have outstanding bills due to an incompetent attorney who didn't file all papers concerning a Chapter 13, (after receiving his $). Thank God our mortgage company took us out of foreclosure and gave us a modified loan. But I want to know if we can refinance our 2nd only, consolidating it with our debt (we have a lot of equity). We have very bad credit now and a bankruptcy discharge on our record. Is it possible?

**A: yes, it is possible but highly unlikely. 2nd's have a higher interest rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">