• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cash for keys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boys4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

Who do I negotiate with for "cash for Keys"? The new owners or the bank?

LindaP777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

Who do I negotiate with for "cash for Keys"? The new owners or the bank?
More info, please.
Did the house go to sheriff's sale? If so, who bought it? Did your lender end up with it?
In cash for keys, they will contact you, if they are interested. If it's your bank, you might have a chance. If it's a private individual, pack you bags, you won't be given much time, or money to leave.

boys4

actually the date for auction is set for july 17th. I need to know who I would go to for cash for keys if it sells to a third party, or if it doesn't sell and the bank would have to purchase it, correct? who would pay for cash for keys.

Ozark_Sophist

actually the date for auction is set for july 17th. I need to know who I would go to for cash for keys if it sells to a third party, or if it doesn't sell and the bank would have to purchase it, correct? who would pay for cash for keys.
Perhaps no one. Have your bags packed and ready to go to a new place. Don't depend on getting cash to leave.

After the home is sold, the new owners will have to file evicition proceedings. If the home goes back to the mortgage company, then the foreclosure attorney will contact you regarding the cash for keys program. The foreclosure attorney will also start the eviction proceedings.

nextwife

You've been living there without paying the mortgage, and taxes for HOW LONG? Move out when the time comes. Enough is enough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">