• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreclosure question:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DavidBranson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

Hello,

I lost my job and have missed two mortgage payments on a condo in CT. I am most likely headed for foreclosure. Can the mortgage company seize or sue for any of my assets i.e. - cash, securities, car etc?

I have owned the unit for 3 years and put 10% down. I am underwater as far as selling. Units in the same building are sellling for 80k below what I paid back in 2006.

Thank you.

Last edited:

HUD-1

The lender could potentially seek a deficiency judgment. This makes it important for you to do a workout with the lender, even if it ends with a short sale or a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Make sure you fill out the MEDIATION form that came with the summons. This will allow you to meet with the lender and a mediator to attempt a work out. You may also want to seek advice from a HUD approved housing counselor: 800.569.4287

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">