• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreclosure summons response

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sayje

I'm in Jacksonville, FL. My boyfriend (who I live with) is facing foreclosure. We received the summons on 11/24 and have yet to provide a response letter. Per the way I counted the 20 days, we need to provide a response on Monday. Unfortunately, long story short, we have yet to hire an attorney. Question is, how feasible is it to obtain an attorney and be able to provide the response by Monday? :(

JETX

Question is, how feasible is it to obtain an attorney and be able to provide the response by Monday? :(
Not unfeasible at all.
However, you will have to take the first attorney you find (your delays prevent you from 'shopping'), likely have to pay him a premium (to respond since you delayed).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">