• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Green Tree and Online Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DougBob

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Can someone tell me if you have heard of any Colorado Law preventing online or by phone mortgage payments?

The reason I ask is Green Tree recently told me the reason I can no longer access their online payment service is due to a recent Colorado law preventing by phone or internet payment options.

Thanks in advance for the information/response.

Cheers
Doug

DougBob

None. I was told it was a law just passed in Colorado.

I informed them I have heard of no such law and their website said it was being worked on for improvements and that's what I thought the problem was. They said it was a brand new law that just started.

I have found a hit on another site from an individual in Loveland Colorado that was told the same thing by Green Tree. It's on a site called Consumer Affairs.

DougBob

I understand that, so I'll re-ask my original question. Can someone tell me if you have heard of any Colorado Law preventing online or by phone mortgage payments?

Just Blue

I understand that, so I'll re-ask my original question. Can someone tell me if you have heard of any Colorado Law preventing online or by phone mortgage payments?
No Doug I have not. But to make your life easy...How about you send a check or moneyorder for payment? Not everything in life MUST be a "fight".

BTW: I live in MA and did not look up CO ...;)

Perhaps the Queen of Legal Links will stop by your thread ...She is from Co as well.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">