• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can you Add names to Deed In PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SandieInPa

What is the name of your state? PA, Monroe County

I presently own the home I live in for the past 5 years. I am the only person on the deed and the mortgage note. I have fallen into problems paying the mortgage on time and then I paid 4 months at once with late fees and the check was returned due to ISF, I was $62 short and travel with my job and did not get the notice. Unfortunately I had this happen twice in the one week I was traveling. I travel every week for my job.

I tried to refinance for a better rate and was denied due to bad credit. I have a domestic partner who wants to refinance under his name and add his name to the deed. I do have an assumable mortgage and did receive the paperwork to complete this for the other person to take over.

What is the best way and cheapest and smartest way to get caught up on the mortgage and have someone else mortgage my house with both our names on the deed? Can this be done? I can pay all back payments to date with a wire transfer or Cashiers check? Do you think this is an option?

Looking forward to some good advice.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">