• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How does the different extra payment schedule affect the interest, pay off time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

compiler

What is the name of your state? GA
Assuming the loan is 10 years at 5.5% with the loan amount of $100,000. The first mortgage payment starts January.

Option 1: Pay extra payment $300 every month until pay off.
Option2: Pay 3600 (300 x 12) at the end of each year until pay off.

I would like to compare the total interest and pay off time between two options. Do you know how much the difference will be or you know a good online mortgage calculator can fulfill such comparison? Thanks.

JETX

compiler said:
What is the name of your state? GA
Assuming the loan is 10 years at 5.5% with the loan amount of $100,000. The first mortgage payment starts January.

Option 1: Pay extra payment $300 every month until pay off.
Option2: Pay 3600 (300 x 12) at the end of each year until pay off.

I would like to compare the total interest and pay off time between two options. Do you know how much the difference will be or you know a good online mortgage calculator can fulfill such comparison? Thanks.
Google 'amortization calculator'.

Samm1970

I don't have an amortization calculator that will calculate a one time annual principle payment. Without a doubt your $300 monthly payment will payoff your loan faster than the one time per year payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">