• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long After Foreclosure Until Eviction? HELP PLEASE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leggie63

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

I am going through a divorce and my home was put up for sale on the court house steps on Friday the 30th 2010. The home was not sold...however I know that I have to move out but how many days will they give me before they evict
me from my home. I am scared and I have no place to go.

JETX

I am going through a divorce and my home was put up for sale on the court house steps on Friday the 30th 2010. The home was not sold...however I know that I have to move out but how many days will they give me before they evict me from my home. I am scared and I have no place to go.
No one can answer that as each 'new owner' (purchaser at foreclosure) can proceed at their own pace. Some might be knocking on your door in days, some in weeks.
One suggestion.... since you KNOW it is going to happen.... start looking for a 'place to go' NOW.

nextwife

It WAS likely sold back to the bank. Where I work, we order a writ the day of confirmation, and the sheriff must execute it (and complete the eviction when owner occupied) within 30 days if the home is not vacant.

When was the last time you made your mortgage payment? You have had that many months of not paying for your housing to save up up a security deposit and first months rent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">