• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HUSBAND ON MORTGAGE/TITLE, WIFE ON TITLE only. Foreclosure? Credit damage to both?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asathora

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

My husband took out a 80/20 loan, but due to an illness+decreased income we no longer pay the 2nd mortgage, soon will need to stop paying 1st. The issue is that he will most probably have his credit history damaged badly due to being late on mortgage payments or possibly foreclose in the near future. Now, since he is on the both mortgages and on title and I am on the title only, will my credit history go to waste as well if he is delinquent and later forecloses on the house? Is there a way for my credit to be protected (fill out documents to remove me from title)?

Also, even if removed from title, will there be any other public records showing anything in my name in terms of foreclosure?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">