• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i was waiting for a home affordable plan from the bank and they foreclosed my home,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chickass

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia
when i received the foreclosure notice over my home i called the bank and they told me that it wasn't order to foreclosed my house , i also called the attorney but i never get in touch with them so i desmissed the letter , and now i received a letter and a court date saying that i'm failure to vacate after a foreclosure and they said that it happen 1 month ago and the notice of foreclosed i received said that the foreclosed suppose to happend just 10 days ago, i dont understand what really happend, my husband past away last year and i couldn't afford the mortgage by myself so i contact indymac and they told me that they were going to work something for me?
what should i do? , there is a way i can keep my house ? , what should i tell the judge in a month that is the court date , and if the worst is coming how long i can stay in my home , i spend all my money in the home , i rehabilited 80% of the house.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

tranquility

While, by force of what the government demands, there are great benefits to a bank to agree to a modification, there is not a legal necessity. It's a statistical thing which the Congress may address someday, YOU don't have any rights beyond keeping the property if you pay the money.

nextwife

While, by force of what the government demands, there are great benefits to a bank to agree to a modification, there is not a legal necessity. It's a statistical thing which the Congress may address someday, YOU don't have any rights beyond keeping the property if you pay the money.
And, it should be noted, that NON TARP recipients have NO requirements under the Obama plan to modify.

Our condolences on your loss.

Many single and widowed women continue to cover their mtg payments following the death of a spouse. When a couple takes on a mortgage together, they should have continguency plans in place to address the disability or death of a coborrower. That is what life insurance, etc exists to do. The need to keep paying doesn't stop when one loses a spouse. Some get roommates and houseshare. If one cannot make the payments, sometimes a lifestyle change is necessary. That's what I did when I lost my job - found a roommate ( I was in my late 30s). And NEVER skipped a payment.

How long had you been not paying?

kaitee71

If you received a letter you need to check with your local paper(s) and see if they had the foreclosure advertised (in my state it had to be advertised for 4 wks)... you also need to see who foreclosed on your house and see if that is the same name on the papers filed with your town. I am going though hell trying to find a lawyer to find out my legal rights the people that foreclosed on my home was NO WHERE on any of my paper work and they foreclosed on October 2nd 1 day after the 3rd payment was missed ...( very long story...I thought I was only 1 payment behind) Any way best of luck to you!!

Kelly

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">