• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If I make a payment before the breach letter expires can they still foreclose?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jc822

I live in California. I have been struggling to pay my mortgage and my breach letter from GMAC expires on May 19th. I heard that after that happens it will go into foreclosure. I have a tenant now who lives upstairs from me. I believe that I can now keep up with the payment and have submitted an application to GMAC for a loan modification. However, I was denied because of the duplex being upside down because of the drop in the market. If I make a regular payment and am able to keep making payments from here on out will it still go into foreclosure because I have so much owed that is in the rears? I'd like to try to dig myself out by continuing to make the regular payment and then at the end of the year when I get my tax return I can put that down to try and pay back what I owe. I think that I could eventually get caught up. Can they foreclose anyway?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">