• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illinois / Florida - Employer falsified documentation reguarding mortgage.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

absentminded

I am not sure where to place this one; in Florida or in Illinois, the place of business is in Illinois, but the house is in Florida. Please tell me if I am in the wrong spot so I can move it.

My mother is trying to purchase a house in southern Florida. Everything was going as planned until the Loan agent called her up and told her that she was denied because someone from her workplace told them that she was not a current employee, when she most certainly is. We have most certainly lost the deposit on the house. Unless, that is, there is a way that we can set the records straight. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

If there is nothing, is there something that we can sue the business for in order to at least get the deposit back ( plus court costs, damages, etc.)

Thanks,

Jason C.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
absentminded said:
I am not sure where to place this one; in Florida or in Illinois, the place of business is in Illinois, but the house is in Florida. Please tell me if I am in the wrong spot so I can move it.

My mother is trying to purchase a house in southern Florida. Everything was going as planned until the Loan agent called her up and told her that she was denied because someone from her workplace told them that she was not a current employee, when she most certainly is. We have most certainly lost the deposit on the house. Unless, that is, there is a way that we can set the records straight. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

If there is nothing, is there something that we can sue the business for in order to at least get the deposit back ( plus court costs, damages, etc.)

Thanks,

Jason C.
Umm she doesn't have pay stubs from her current employment?

seniorjudge

absentminded said:

Thanks,

Jason C.

Jason, tell us what the written contract says about this situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">