• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien on borrower but lien holder will not accept lien amount

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pinto

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I just sold my house with a waiver arrangement on a $3300 lien resulting from contested final payments for childs education. She did not comply with state reporting requirements regarding grades,classes,etc and quit college without informing me. Sent her a letter saying if she could show that she is continuing her education,I would continue the last six payments when she reaches 21 years of age. No response so I quit making these last six payments.
Now there is a lien for $3300 on me that hinders my lender from my new house financing.
I wired the $3300 to the Title company holding the lien release form for holders signature.
The problem is that they have tried to call the holder several times to come in and sign the release and they have not done that.
The holder's mother,my ex wife is very vindictive and is most likely trying to delay or kill my new house purchase,knowing that it's closing is Sept. 1st and if I do not close it,then I will lose substantial unrefundable money besides the house deal which has appreciated substantially since I signed purchase papers.
Is there any provision in laws to protect against such a thing?

Is there a way that lender can waive or work around the lien?
What if my parents agree to back up any waivers,etc.?What is the name of your state?

pojo2

Curious but why did you not just ask the lender this question :rolleyes:

Is there a way that lender can waive or work around the lien?
They could answer the question in a few minutes for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">