• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loan modification disaster

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonneville1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana ...I applied for loan modification after having a triple bypass in April. I was approved by my mortgage company (HSBC)>. When I recieved my letter saying my loan would be modifyed at a lower interest I noticed my payment was the same. I immediately called (HSBC) and they said it was a mistake and would be corrected my payment would be the lower amount I paid during my trial period. I made my payments on a bi weekly basis but I started getting harrasing phone calls telling me I was behind or deliquent and I would immediately call and was told once again they would straighten this out....I have made numerous attempts (dozens) to get this corrected and each time I am assured they are on it. Within the past week I have been threatened with forclosure if I dont pay the outstanding amount within 30 days. I also recieved a letter saying as a favor they will restucture my loan and my next payment is not due untill March of 2011.. When I log on to their website to look at my account it says my next payment is due in Febuary...2 weeks ago my next payment was due in October even though it was December at the time and Ive been making all my payments. Please someone help me with this I,m not behind and I dont know what to do the stress is unbearable. I really wish I had never applied for the modification

I think the OP has a story that similar to alot of folks.

People think the gov't will solve all their problems & try to take advantage of efforts by the gov't.

Little do these people realize is that the Gov't really does not care; its all window dressing.

And by the time the people understand this, they are screwed.

So, you took the bait, and is now trapped.

So, hows the gov't programs working out for you? Not good ... see an atty over this one .. way to complicated for this forum

I know, it sounded reasonable at the time.

Gail in Georgia

Considering HSBC is a public limited company, it has nothing to do with your rant regarding the "gov't".

On other hand, your track record regarding postings on this list remains the same.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">