• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LOTS OF PROBLEMS!Shady lawyers & banks,comm.loan mods, incorrect legals & divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ANGELINA86

LOTS OF PROBLEMS!Shady lawyers & banks,comm.loan mods, incorrect legals & divorce

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl
I have 4 mortgages with a community bank. Going thru my divorce my ex did not pay 2 months mortgages on any of them prior to mediation. I was never contacted or knew. I was left with no money and it took several months after I received the business in divorce but I caught them up

PROBLEM 1.. Afterward they forced me to sign modifications changing the 2 business loans from 20 years to 1 year interest only balloons and add my home as additional collateral stating unless I did they would call them all. My belief is they made me sign the modifications intending to call them when they balloon anyway. My ex is still on the mortgage, when I can't pay or find new financing they will turn to him and he can take the business from me having already taken everything else. I believe it was intended to happen sooner, my ex advised by his attorney to pay no bills, including the mortgage which he knew was unpaid as he, his brother and sister are on the bank board, and didn't disclose as unpaid in mediation while my ex took all the income and didn't account for or return. I survived which was unexpected.

PROBLEM 2. The bank's attorney I have good reason to believe is involved in shady business with my ex. He is my ex's divorce attorney's former partner who I have proof aided my ex, falsifying documents and otherwise aided him during the divorce . My business, unknown to me until recently, was used as a front for this business for many years.

PROBLEM 3. The business loan was originally a line of credit which an initial $250,000 had been advanced, able to be increased to $700,000. My ex took all available credit left of the $250,000 just prior to mediation. When I took over, I had no knowledge of bills owed and found he hadn't paid any for 2 months. The bank board refused an additional $10,000 from the credit line for me to pay the most urgent though I had over $700,000 in equity. Meanwhile my ex went to another community bank which his attorney also sits on the board of and obtained $220,000 on $300,000 worth of property. This same man sat on both boards, turned me down for $10,000, knowing it was my ex who had not paid the bills and approved him for much more with less equity.

PROBLEM 4. One mortgage thought to be on a piece of property my ex and I shared recently was found to have the legal description on the title work, mortgage and note, both prepared by the bank, matching the attached property which my husband took instead. I have a motion to vacate the settlement currently filed as it was unequal due to hidden assets and income. His attorney has filed a motion saying the mortgage should be put back on the shared property as it was "assumed" in mediation it belonged to such. The bank is trying to force me into putting it back on the shared property and have told me that unless I do they will not renew my business loans though I haven't missed any payments and unless I do will foreclose on my business when the year is up. My ex ruined my credit, not paying the home mortgage, in foreclosure while I wait on another bank to modify to a lower payment so I can't get credit anywhere, which they know. When asked to provide proof the mortgage was originally intended to be on the shared piece the only thing they could provide was an in-house appraisal done by their appraiser, never seen before and with incorrect information on it.
In June they reported to the credit bureaus one of my mortgage payments as 60 days late which was paid on time then ignored my requests to repair it. Not until the property issue came up did they return my call stating they had a letter for the bureaus they would bring by along with "other papers" needed signed. When I told them to forward them to my attorney they refused to give me the letter unless I moved the mortgage. My attorney had to call and threaten to sue unless they gave it to me.
My attorney is not a real estate or contract attorney and I haven't the money to hire yet another attorney to fight this unless I am sure I am in the right so am trying to gather as much knowledge as possible. My ex and his attorney were ruthless and took everything and it is hard for me to make the 1524.00 payments on this property's mortgage and the taxes. It is going to take a long time until my motion is heard and hopefully equalizes the settlement so this is a welcome relief if it stands up.
Legally can the bank threaten me like this? The business loans are in a corp. name and should have nothing to do with the personal mortgage. Doesn't the title company or bank's attorney have any responsibilities? As both my ex's and my name are on the mortgage why are they only threatening me? It is none of their business we agreed to pay half in the divorce. If half the mortgage is unpaid regardless of the divorce papers he should be just as responsible where they are concerned shouldn't he? The divorce papers also state any mortgages are the responsibility of the one receiving the property which makes this his. He, of course is more than willing to put the mortgage back on this property. The property the legal belongs to is worth the balance owed so I don't understand their concern regarding which property it is on
Should I just stop making all payments now and at least have a little money saved? I don't owe much compared to the equity. Sell it far undervalue and pay them off even though it would leave me with no income source or much left? Put the mortgage back on the property and hope my fears are unfounded? If I don't have to put the mortgage back on the property at least if they foreclose on my business I will still have it clear. I would not be able to make payments with a mortgage. Can they threaten me legally to call my loans and make me put my home as additional collateral as they did? Does it appear that they also may be involved in the possible illegal dealings of my ex?
Any suggestions or information regarding the legalities of what is being done or advice on how to pursue this or what to do? Are there an agencies I can turn to? Any advice whatsoever is appreciated. All this is too overwhelming and I don't know what to do or where to go.
Thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused:
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">