• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missed month mortgage payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roijrob

W
hat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia - Husband lost his job October. Was late with mortgage payment for the first time. I called gmac and told them I will not be able to pay this month because of this. They told me to call back in January if I still couldn't make payment. will they start foreclosure proceedings and also said I would be put in contact with collections. I wanted to do one month deferrment but they said they don't have that plan. Please advise . November was paid, I am talking about December's payment.

HUD-1

You may want to contact a HUD approved housing counseling agency. They can review your debt/income situation and advise you of potential options. 800.569.4287 This is a free service to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">