• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jnjin619

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. I have been working on a modification for the past 9 months now with Citimortgage, and that's not an exaggeration. Over the months when they requested information or documentation I would provide it right away so as not to delay the process any further. Finally two weeks ago, I got a call from my counselor saying that he was overnighting the modification agreement to me and that I needed to sign them and get them back as soon as possible. I left work early the next day so that I could get home, review and sign the docs. and then I raced to the UPS store to get them back out that same day. The following week I got a call from a man who had been reassigned as my counselor and I called him back to make sure everything was going smoothly and he said that the docs. I signed were incorrect. That because more time had passed, he had to rework the figures and I would have to make another stipulation payment before he could overnight the new docs. In addition to that, for some reason in the past nine months no one thought to do a title search on the property so that needed to be done and then after that, he could overnight the docs. He also said that we needed to try to get this done by the end of the month or since more time had passed again, more interest will have accrued and more money would be owed, I would have to make another stipulation payment blah blah blah. I am so irritated with all of this, I'm grateful that they're helping me but nine months is ridiculous and it's not because of me. Anytime they need something I get it right away so because they didn't order a title search, because my file sat on their desk too long, more money is needed to get this done and how long can this go on? I feel like its a sick joke and I don't know if I can do anything about it. My mom suggested just telling them that I already have the modification that they sent to me over two weeks ago outlining the terms of the modification and that I should tell Citi that I already have the terms they sent and that I'm not paying them anything more than that or agreeing to any other terms but I don't know if I can do that? Is it legal for them to keep adjusting the terms and the payment amount after they already sent out an agreement that I signed and sent back and they received?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">