• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification Limbo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I did not reaffirm my house in a discharged chapt 7 bankruptcy. I've not paid a cent for nearly 4 years now. I've gone round and round on the Chase Mortgage Loan Mod merry go round. Like they do to most people, it seems, every time I apply (I think I've applied 4 or 5 times), they continually "lose" paperwork repeatedly, then say the mod is rejected, because I didn't supply all requested info. The last time I applied was April of 2012. I've pretty much heard nothing from them since, although they have started sending monthly statements again. I have not paid them. With all the penalties they have applied, I owe 30k more than the sales price. The house is not in good condition, and, if I stayed here, it would be a tear down/rebuild. I do love the area; and I'd like to rebuild. I have rebuilt my financial circumstances; but I don't have interest in paying the underwater amount they have me down for. They are not the bank the mortgage originated with. It has been sold many times. One time they told me they are not the mortgage holder, they are only the servicer. They said the holder, who they refused to identify, does not participate in HARP. There is so much shenanigans coming from them....do you think my best bet is to try and buy the property in the foreclosure sale? From what I've read, Chase is infamous for their mod game playing. Are there any class action suits for people whose paperwork also continually gets "lost?"

al91206

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I did not reaffirm my house in a discharged chapt 7 bankruptcy. I've not paid a cent for nearly 4 years now.

Hi - Stressing that I'm *not* a professional adviser or anything like that, but in my forum trolling due to my own situation which is similar to yours I found that debts have a Statue of Limitations in most states (MA seems to be included).

I suggest you read up on in:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/the-statute-limitations-foreclosure-actions.html <-- story about the statue of limitations and how to invoke it

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/statute-of-limitations-state-laws-chart-29941.html <-- chart of all the statue of limitations for each state

Good luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">