• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom passed and left a reverse mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susan b. anthon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I have a beneficiary deed on my Mom house and she passed away and left a reverse mortgage. I have no money to buy it what can I do. I have lived with her and will be homeless

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I have a beneficiary deed on my Mom house and she passed away and left a reverse mortgage. I have no money to buy it what can I do. I have lived with her and will be homeless
You will need to find a new place to live...

Antigone*

Absence the funds you need to buy the house, the bank will seize their asset. You do need to find a new place to live.

HomeGuru

**A: can you qualify to get a loan to payoff the reverse mortgage loan? That is what it takes. You do not need to buy the property.

nextwife

How old are you? Did mom leave any life insurance you can use toward paying off the loan? Can you really afford this house (taxes, insurance, upkeep, utilities, etc.)? Are you working? If you can swing a mortgage to refi the other loan off the house, maybe get a roommate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">