• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Company Commitment letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teg123

Maryland:
Can anyone tell me how legally binding a commitment letter is from a Mortgage company
provided all conditions in the letter have been met?

FlyingRon

Depends what the letter says. An approval letter is generally so vague as to be useless.

The more detailed the commitment letter is the better your chances are.

Not enough information here.

seniorjudge

Depends what the letter says. An approval letter is generally so vague as to be useless.

The more detailed the commitment letter is the better your chances are.

Not enough information here.
I agree.

There are qualification letters (which are worthless) and then there are actually commitment letters (where you must fulfill a ton of requirements).

Teg123

Mortgage Commitment letter Info

MD, The letter is not a pre-approval letter. We passed that stage a while back. It basically
states we are pleased to issue this loan commitment. Your credit has been approved under
this program at this interest rate for a sales prices. The approval is valid until with date.
Also it list conditions of approval which we have met.

FlyingRon

At that level of detail, it would seem to be binding as long as the commitments are met and you close before the date specified.

Are you getting some indication that they will not honor the commitment?

Teg123

Mortgage Commitment

We received loan commitment in writing, from Loan company which also mentions county loan program approval and then two days later we learn that the PMI company has declined loan? Which seems to me to be the Mortgage companies problem! Someone should deliver
the $$ mentioned in letter that they promised to loan!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">