• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Company Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jack Romano

Hi about six years ago my Mortgage co went out of business and never assigned the mortgage to anyone ever. I have not been able to pay anyone infact they never left a forwarding address or anything.

I hired a skip tracer two months ago and found a board member who was with the company of which they had three board members total the other two seem to be pretty good at hiding very good.

Now I call this board member that I did find and she gave me the lowdown on how they went out of business and she had to go bankrupt for being in business with this other guy that she owned the business with etc.

Well she tells me that if I pay her 25k she can sign the satisfaction of mortgage and give me clear title to the house, my question is if the company is no longer in business can she sign off on this document ? and if she can what if the president of the company comes back and wants money too after she signs off on it? And didnt she and the whole company committ some kind of crime for not allowing me to pay them off and hiding for so long?

I have an appointment with lawyer on monday but wanted to get some general ideas of what to expect from him.

seniorjudge

Jack Romano said:
Hi about six years ago my Mortgage co went out of business and never assigned the mortgage to anyone ever. I have not been able to pay anyone infact they never left a forwarding address or anything.

I hired a skip tracer two months ago and found a board member who was with the company of which they had three board members total the other two seem to be pretty good at hiding very good.

Now I call this board member that I did find and she gave me the lowdown on how they went out of business and she had to go bankrupt for being in business with this other guy that she owned the business with etc.

Well she tells me that if I pay her 25k she can sign the satisfaction of mortgage and give me clear title to the house, my question is if the company is no longer in business can she sign off on this document ? and if she can what if the president of the company comes back and wants money too after she signs off on it? And didnt she and the whole company committ some kind of crime for not allowing me to pay them off and hiding for so long?

I have an appointment with lawyer on monday but wanted to get some general ideas of what to expect from him.

You made a mistake by tracking them down; you should've had it released by filing a lawsuit for injunctive relief (i.e., an order prohibiting the mortgage company from doing anything about the loan) and had them served at their old address.

Now you may be stuck.

Talk to the lawyer.

(Hey, for $25K, I will sign your satisfaction!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">