• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage lack of Security

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jesusq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

my mortgage lack of security allowed a tenant of mines to compromise my account and cause a lot of harm to me. I have escalated with the mortgage company with no success. What can I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

my mortgage lack of security allowed a tenant of mines to compromise my account and cause a lot of harm to me. I have escalated with the mortgage company with no success. What can I do?
Your question is entirely too vague.

Have you reported this to the police?

What harm was caused?

What lack of security allowed this to happen?

quincy

Is this computer security you are speaking of or bank security?

I agree with Zigner. Your post will need some more details if you want advice on what (if anything) you can do.

jesusq

Sorry about that. I had a tenant living at my current house. While living out of state, I allowed her to pay the mortgage directly. I wasn't making a profit out of this house, I was just charging the cost of the monthly mortgage payment. What my trusty tenant did, was get authorization without my consent or awareness to my account and change contact information and decided to go delinquent on the account almost to the brinks of foreclosure. Because of this, my credit is ruin. I took legal actions to remove the tenant from the property, but have been faced with a lot of difficulty trying to clear the past. I have all documents, bank records, account being compromise, and a evidence of what my tenant did.

I have written letters to the mortgage company and confirmed that they received it, revoking all access to all users except me. Yet still, my tenant has made more modifications to my account after I tried to secure it. I myself have accessed my account with very little verification by distracting the offshore team. I also have a 3rd party who confirm the actions my tenant has taken.

My mortgage is very light on securing my account and caused my tenant to cause harm to me by ruinin my credit and if prolong possibly foreclosed on my house.

quincy

Sorry about that. I had a tenant living at my current house. While living out of state, I allowed her to pay the mortgage directly. I wasn't making a profit out of this house, I was just charging the cost of the monthly mortgage payment. What my trusty tenant did, was get authorization without my consent or awareness to my account and change contact information and decided to go delinquent on the account almost to the brinks of foreclosure. Because of this, my credit is ruin. I took legal actions to remove the tenant from the property, but have been faced with a lot of difficulty trying to clear the past. I have all documents, bank records, account being compromise, and a evidence of what my tenant did.

I have written letters to the mortgage company and confirmed that they received it, revoking all access to all users except me. Yet still, my tenant has made more modifications to my account after I tried to secure it. I myself have accessed my account with very little verification by distracting the offshore team. I also have a 3rd party who confirm the actions my tenant has taken.

My mortgage is very light on securing my account and caused my tenant to cause harm to me by ruinin my credit and if prolong possibly foreclosed on my house.
The situation that you describe is so odd that I recommend you have an attorney in your area personally review all applicable documents from the bank and the lease agreement you have with your tenant and all other facts that are pertinent. After this personal review, the attorney can advise you accordingly.

Your situation is too complicated for a forum setting and no one here can do personal reviews.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The situation that you describe is so odd that I recommend you have an attorney in your area personally review all applicable documents from the bank and the lease agreement you have with your tenant and all other facts that are pertinent. After this personal review, the attorney can advise you accordingly.

Your situation is too complicated for a forum setting and no one here can do personal reviews.

Good luck.
The only thing I have to add is that it is ultimately the OP's responsibility to ensure that his mortgage is paid. He gave all of the necessary information to the tenant which allowed them access to the account. I'm not saying that what the tenant did was legal, but I am saying that it was preventable and even foreseeable.

quincy

The only thing I have to add is that it is ultimately the OP's responsibility to ensure that his mortgage is paid. He gave all of the necessary information to the tenant which allowed them access to the account. I'm not saying that what the tenant did was legal, but I am saying that it was preventable and even foreseeable.
I agree.

It appears to me from what has been posted so far that it was jesusq's lack of security rather than the bank's lack of security that led to account information being compromised.

A personal review seems necessary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">