• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage payoff going up in foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

murphylawfamily

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Basic- In 5/2001 we went into foreclosure we came out of it and became current 1/03. We filed BK 7 in 5/03 dicharged 8/03. During this time we were current and have stayed current til 8/04 when they refused to take payment after alot of work we were supposed to get a modified loan for a year. Person from Mortgage company was fired, file got lost payments I was making? Dec after not hearing from them I did alot of reading found out we never reaffirmed this loan. Last month Morgage co finally calls us back now we are in foreclosure and I don't want on our CR so after a $$$ consult with a lawyer decide to do a short sale and make payments until it sells.

On friday I sent in repayment packet to mortgage company we have not listed house yet because I don't really understand what they want. Today they call.
Our house at most is worth 95,000 we refied in 2000 for 103,000 (another long story) this is why we wanted to do short sale instead of just selling. Their realiy co came over to do appraisal last week. They say to list at 110,000. and we pay reg mortgage payment until June, when we would do this all over again. So I say there is no way to get 110,000 out of this house, no garage etc. she says well your payoff is 109,500. 5 years in May since we refied and now we owe more? "Well you must have a prepay penality" no I say I have mortgage loan papers and we don't, " well it must be fee's" There is no way this house will sell at 110,000 and they have to stop foreclosure while we pay. What are they up to?

Our plan is meet with mortgage broker and see if we can do something. At this point in time there is nothing on our credit records on this mortgage since 7/03(IIB) when we were current. So how do we prove anything? This is such a mess and we just want as far away from these people as possible plus we want to move.

Does any of this sound right? DH's scores are now 589,594,633 and I am still cleaning them. His income is in the 90's but we have nothing saved at this point. If we wait til June would that be any better could save up a few k? Nothing about foreclosure is showing on CR at this time it has not been filed I have checked. But because they can't bill us I am not sure if they have to go through the acceleration process?

Someone please tell me we can get out of here, and into a new house pleeeease.

murphylawfamily

seniorjudge said:
Q: So how do we prove anything?

A: Bank records.
Paid by western union only for almost 4 years I will call them for a transaction printout. I hope that is enough.

But what I am most curious about is the payoff. Why after 5 years it is 6000 more than what we financed for? I am going to request a detailed summery of transactions since they took over mortgage. From what I read at the HUD site I can do that and should have response in 20 days. Just for my own info.

S

seniorjudge

murphylawfamily said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Basic- In 5/2001 we went into foreclosure we came out of it and became current 1/03. We filed BK 7 in 5/03 dicharged 8/03. During this time we were current and have stayed current til 8/04 when they refused to take payment after alot of work we were supposed to get a modified loan for a year. Person from Mortgage company was fired, file got lost payments I was making? Dec after not hearing from them I did alot of reading found out we never reaffirmed this loan. Last month Morgage co finally calls us back now we are in foreclosure and I don't want on our CR so after a $$$ consult with a lawyer decide to do a short sale and make payments until it sells.

On friday I sent in repayment packet to mortgage company we have not listed house yet because I don't really understand what they want. Today they call.
Our house at most is worth 95,000 we refied in 2000 for 103,000 (another long story) this is why we wanted to do short sale instead of just selling. Their realiy co came over to do appraisal last week. They say to list at 110,000. and we pay reg mortgage payment until June, when we would do this all over again. So I say there is no way to get 110,000 out of this house, no garage etc. she says well your payoff is 109,500. 5 years in May since we refied and now we owe more? "Well you must have a prepay penality" no I say I have mortgage loan papers and we don't, " well it must be fee's" There is no way this house will sell at 110,000 and they have to stop foreclosure while we pay. What are they up to?

Our plan is meet with mortgage broker and see if we can do something. At this point in time there is nothing on our credit records on this mortgage since 7/03(IIB) when we were current. So how do we prove anything? This is such a mess and we just want as far away from these people as possible plus we want to move.

Does any of this sound right? DH's scores are now 589,594,633 and I am still cleaning them. His income is in the 90's but we have nothing saved at this point. If we wait til June would that be any better could save up a few k? Nothing about foreclosure is showing on CR at this time it has not been filed I have checked. But because they can't bill us I am not sure if they have to go through the acceleration process?

Someone please tell me we can get out of here, and into a new house pleeeease.

We discussed this in exhaustive detail:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=226151
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=216257

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">