• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my mortgage lost the loan documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BAAdison

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Possibly this is a common issue these days, I am not sure but most of mortgage closing papers are missing.

I never recived a copy of any papers after the closing in 2005. also at that time they cheated me and caused me an extra $500.00 per month payment at the last minute of the closing.

Since then I have been trying to recive a copy, I have asked several times through the years. The only papers that they have ever been able to send is 15 pages of an incomplete deed of trust. I say incomplete because they have for the last 2 years been trying to get me to sign permision for them to amend re-make, and or re-file. (the deed of trust is missing the legal discription). (it was 3 years from time of closing to the time they asked me to help them find the missing papers)

My mortgage was just sold again last year Country Wide sold to Bank of America.

I thought that since they just sold that they could now produce a copy of my closing papers so I called them and asked for all of the documents. They said that they could send the deed of trus but it would take 12 days and they will get me the NOTE, APRAISAL, and thev rest of the LOAN information.

I replied yes that is what I have been asking for.

Yesterday they emailed me and said that they have a problem and it will take them more time. (but they sent a bill for their work).
What should I do next
thank you

BAAdison

I did call the title company,they only had the original papers which had already been closed off on, due to a re-finance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">