• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notarized statement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elgallan01

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My brother passed away in 2009. He owned a house which I paid the mortgage payment to the loan company. We have a notarized statement saying that I am responsible for all payments to be made to the mortgage company. No one else has interest in the home and since I've been making the payments I would like the title transferred to my name. Can I use this notarized statement to put the title in my name?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Banned_Princess

My brother passed away in 2009. He owned a house which I paid the mortgage payment to the loan company. We have a notarized statement saying that I am responsible for all payments to be made to the mortgage company. No one else has interest in the home and since I've been making the payments I would like the title transferred to my name. Can I use this notarized statement to put the title in my name?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Will? probate court? those are things that will get the title, but you need to refinance in your own credit/name also.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So, you've been paying "rent" by making payments directly to the mortgage company. Now, the house is part of the estate. You have no claim to the house beyond that afforded you by the intestate succession laws of your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">